This chunky, garden-fresh salsa is the best way to use homegrown tomatoes!
- 1 pound Fresh Ripe Tomatoes, quartered and seeded
- 1 Jalapeno, halved and seeded
- 2 Shallots, peeled
- 2 cloves whole Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lime Juice, from 2 Limes
- Pinch of Sugar
- Quarter and seed the tomatoes; this will remove excess moisture. Place the tomatoes in a colander to continue to drain them as you prepare the remaining ingredients. Into a food processor, place the remaining ingredients, the jalapeno, shallots, whole garlic cloves, cilantro, salt and pepper, and fresh lime juice. Add tomatoes into the food processor.
- Pulse the salsa until it reaches your desired consistency, between 5-6 times. Test the flavor, and if a pinch of sugar is needed to reduce the acid level, this is a good time to add it. Serve immediately, or place in an airtight container in the fridge
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salsa recipe, homemade salsa