Sweet and Spicy Gochujang and Bacon Carrots
Sweet and spicy gochujang and bacon carrots are an excellent side dish to any meal, with fresh garlic, ginger and crispy bacon! Made all in one skillet means no added dishes for you either!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 pounds Rainbow Carrots, top trimmed or removed
- 4 slices uncured Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Olive or Coconut Oil (if needed)
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang Sauce, or Sriracha
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh Ginger
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Honey, optional
- 1 Tbsp minced Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a oven safe skillet, cook bacon until done, and crispy. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same skillet, remove all but 2 Tbsp of the bacon grease. Add in olive oil if needed to make up enough grease to cover the carrots. Into the grease, and olive oil, add in the gochujang, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper to taste, and honey (if using). Whisk and create a sauce.
- Toss the carrots in the sauce until they are completely coated. Place the whole skillet of carrots into the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the carrots, until they are crisp-tender.
- Toss the carrots one last time in the sauce to ensure they are evenly coated. Sprinkle with chopped up bacon, and cilantro prior to serving.
Keywords: Carrot, Bacon, Cast Iron, Vegetable, Side Dish