A much easier to transport version of your favorite holiday pie, all with a little added chocolate in the bottom! These Nutella Pecan Pie Bars are going to be your go to holiday treat!
Dish Count :: 1 Food Processor, 1 13×9 Jelly roll pan, 1 saucepan
Do you make lists? Is there something really satisfying about crossing something off your list? Or putting a check box next to it? I’m a check-box-er. But still, it is a satisfying feeling when you can swoop that little mark through a box and consider one more thing now one LESS thing.
At work I’m a chronic list maker, on paper. At home, I’m a list maker, in my head. At this stage in the game with the kid only a couple weeks away there is a list the does not appear to be shrinking – only growing – and it is really time I write it all down so I can buckle down.
Maybe you can help? Really the sad truth is that when I’m at home, I want to relax! I don’t want to do those little things and I turn into the worst procrasti-baker known to man. These nutella pecan pie bars are proof of it. So, please. HELP ME.
For the Kid ::
- Hang the wall art in his room.
- Buy the last minute bottle brushes, changing pad covers, and stuff from the registry.
- Move the nursing chair into the room
- Buy the cow hide rug on our Amazon registry before Ben can object to it. It’s a National Parks theme room, so it isn’t as strange (or creepy) as it sounds!
- Put away his clothes! Which are currently in a pile on our living room sofa. Every house has THAT chair. It’s our whole sofa right now.
- Finish putting together the baby go-bag. And my go-bag. And Ben’s go-bag.
- Put the car seat base into the car. And by that I mean BEN put the base into the car.
For me ::
- Find the kid’s pediatrician!
- Fill out the FMLA paper work for work. Because my company is the worst at assisting with this process, it has been like pulling teeth to get all the stuff done in advance. Nothing like two weeks before he arrives to do the paperwork!
- Finish freezer meal prep.
- Work on baby shower Thank You cards
- Sit down. Or so people keep telling me to do…
What I really keep doing ::
- Rolled coins from our change jars… hey, found an extra $85 we didn’t realize we had.
- Made pecan pie bars
- Started binge watching Outlander. OMG I miss Scotland! The accents. The kilts. Inverness!
- Stared at the pile of clean laundry on the sofa and not folding it or putting it away.
- Opened all the windows during the first good rain in THREE MONTHS and taking a two hour nap in the recliner.
- Made a list of all the foods I am going to eat as soon as Eviction Day hits. Sushi and red wine are top of the list. So is ice cream and chocolate cake. And pizza.
- Went to Target for mom-gear.
- Got a haircut and my eyebrows waxed.
So, really on some front it has been very successful and productive… But just not in the areas it should have been. So help me – what am I missing? What else do I need to do before the kid arrives? What else needs to go on my midnight breastfeeding binge watch list? Any good books I need to read? What are your favorite post-kid work out videos?
I like lists. And now I am going to commit to writing it all down. Maybe then I’ll stay on track.