Grab a handful of this sticky and crunchy Gingerbread Moose Munch! And don’t forget the white chocolate drizzle.
Dish Count :: 1 Baking Sheet, 1 Saucepan, 1 Small Bowl
You know when you can picture something, where it is, what it looks like, what its purpose in your life is – and its everywhere when you DON’T need it – but when you finally, really, ACTUALLY need it it can’t be found?!?! Yeah, well, that’s what I’m dealing with today.
One of life’s cruel mysteries. This is worse than that one missing sock that the dryer ate, from your favorite pair. You know, the one that never slips down in your shoe, and no matter how many times you wear them they are still fantastic? And then one day, you can’t find it and it sets off a cascade of events that just means, today is going to be super not… fun.
I’m projecting, aren’t I?
I can’t find a magazine. It contained a recipe I was going to show you today. And well, this was the runner up in my Instagram “Reader’s Choice Recipe” post for today… and I’m the one who blew it. Forgive me?
That’s not to say that I am disappointed to be posting this gingerbread moose munch. I’m not. But you guys wanted Brandied Plum and walnut Conserve and now, I can’t find it.
It’s in a magazine. In my apartment. It was living on my kitchen counter. And now it’s not. Nor is it in the twenty stacks of other magazines in all the usual places I keep them. Nightstand, book shelf, coffee table, side table, desk, or kitchen counter.
Ben is basically convinced I am one step away from ending up on an episode of Hoarders – Cooking Magazine Edition.
But I can see it, visualize the recipe, the magazine, and EVERYTHING about it. EXCEPT WHERE IT IS!!
So posting this recipe is now just buying me a day or two to continue to tear apart my apartment, and pray that I didn’t magically throw away this magazine, which also happens to be the same one that my friend Rebecca from Foodie With Family was featured in so it’s extra special to me.
If anyone is interested in helping me look, I’ll pay you in gingerbread moose munch. Kapeesh?
But trust me this moosemunch is bomb dot com. I have been on a gingerbread kick of late. This is sweet, crunchy, gingerbready, and best of all topped with drizzles of white chocolate! It makes a wonderful snack, or DIY gift for the holidays!
Need more gingerbread? Got you covered!!
Gingerbread Moose Munch
- 2 standard bags Pop Corn, popped (12 cups)
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Molases
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 cup White chocolate, melted
- Preheat 325. Pour popcorn onto a lined baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the brown sugar, molasses, butter, water and all the spices. Bring the mixture to a simmer until it is thickened. Pour gingerbread caramel over the popcorn, and gently toss to coat the popcorn. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy. Allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, melt the white chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, until it is just melted and smooth. Drizzle over the popcorn and let the chocolate set. Bread apart large chunks of popcorn. Serve.
- Save in a sealed plastic bag to keep fresh.
Adapted from Food Network