Bake a sweet and salty treat with these Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies with Pretzel Crust! Add stout beer to make them super special!
Dish Count :: 1 13×9″ Pan, 1 Mixing Bowl, 1 Food Processor, 1 Small Bowl
We made it through another week party people! Let’s get ready for some brunching, relaxing and not getting out of our yoga pants unless absolutely necessary! Or reading a really good book?
I just grabbed a copy of You Before Me to read on my lunch breaks at work, and I fully expected to be able to just read it a few minutes at a time, to drag it out and at least make it last a week. But then I watched the trailer and basically binge read the book in three days. Crack the book open for 15 minutes as I drink my morning cup of coffee? Yup! Before going to bed? Definitely reading. As soon as I get home, lay out on the couch and lose all track of time until Ben wakes up at 7pm, and I realize I should probably walk the dog and make dinner? Oh geez, that’s happened twice now.
Except now that I have seen the trailer and know that Daenerys Stormborn is Louisa Clark I have it stuck in my head that somewhere a dragon has to come into this whole thing. But I am so excited to see the move and then go through a whole box of tissues in one sitting. Gawd, this is going to be a new aged Notebook! Mercy, I’m going to be a goner.
And then eat a whole pan of brownies at the same time? Definitely a possibility.
I made these brownies with Peter Pan’s new Simply Ground peanut butter, that is a perfect combination of creamy and crunchy. I can never decide which I like bette, smooth or chunky, and this one is the best combination of both!! It swirled so perfectly into these brownies, you got a bit of chocolate and peanut butter all in one! And I will definitely have to try it on some savory recipes too – like Nutmeg Nanny’s Thai Chicken Burger! I’m a sucker for anything Thai, and a burger is always top of my cravings list.
Best of all, this comes in a honey roast flavor, too. Heck to the yes!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies with Pretzel Crust
5 cups tiny pretzel twists, crushed fine
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup Butter, melted and cooled
1 pkg (18.4 oz each) chocolate fudge brownie mix, prepared with Vegetable Oil, 1 Egg and Water (according to package directions)
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a small food processor, add in pretzels, and pulse until very fine crumbs form. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Combine crushed pretzels and granulated sugar in medium bowl. Add butter, and mix until blended. Firmly press mixture into baking pan. Bake 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together brownie mix according to package directions, using vegetable oil, egg and water. Carefully spread brownie batter over hot pretzel crust.
- Combine Peter Pan Simply Ground peanut butter and confectioners' sugar in small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted. Top brownie batter with spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture. Using a knife, swirl peanut butter mixture through brownie batter until it is marbled in appearance.
- Bake 23 to 28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut into 16 large squares.
*NOTE* To make these Stout Brownies, substitute stout beer for water in the brownie mixture, and continue to prepare according to directions.
Lightly Adapted from Peter Pan's Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout Brownies with Pretzel Crust
*This recipe was sponsored by Peter Pan Simply Ground. All opinions are my own.*