Take your standard stuffed mushrooms up a level with these chorizo hash stuffed breakfast mushrooms with egg! These are a great twist on a classic appetizer, that will fuel you up all day long.
I’m pretty sure there is an equation or formula that can tell you exactly how little time it will take to you completely un-relax from you vacation. Basically, it takes about 5% of the total time you spent on vacation to completely ruin all the hard work you did relaxing on that vacation in the first place! What’s up with that? Relaxing is hard work, man. And real life sure knows how to throw a whole heap of monkey wrenches, annoying plane passengers, The WORST airline known to man *Cough*FRONTIER*Cough*.
What is it about plane travel that makes people lose all their damn sense? Here is my list of how to not annoy the living daylights out of your fellow airline passengers. And what airlines need to know to keep their passengers happy – I”m talking directly to YOU Frontier!!
1) Don’t charge passengers for basic drinks!! Seriously, $1.99 for anything other than a glass of luke warm bottled water. Since when is Ginger Ale not FREE? Epic airline fail.
1b) You can’t even hand out a ½ ounce baggy of Chex Mix for free either? Seriously?
2) Make sure you ask every passenger if they would like a drink – whether they’re paying or not!! I got totally passed by and not even offered my free glass of luke warm bottled water on the first leg of our flight home!!
3) Are you boarding in the 3rd group? Don’t hover at the gate entrance. You’re not gonna lose your seat!
4) We all want to get off the plane as soon as humanly possible once it lands – I know I do – I hate flying! But, sit your ass down and wait your turn to disembark! You’re perched five rows behind me but all-out sprint as far to the front before other people? Well prepared for me to drop unsubtle jabs your way, especially when your mom jeans are right in my face!
4b) Want to get off the plane first? Buy the first class seat. You sacrifice some luxuries when you name your own price. Get over it and fall in line with the rest of us sardine-class lemmings.
5) Don’t bring smelly food on a plane – including fast food. Why does this even need to be said? Ew.
6) When the pilot has the seat belt sign on – park it and don’t move.
Chorizo Hash Stuffed Breakfast Mushrooms with Egg
2 Portobello Mushrooms
¼ pound Pork Sausage
¼ pound Chorizo Sausage
½ pound Tri-Color Potatoes, chunked
¼ cup Cilantro
½ cup Onion, chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Clove Garlic, minced
¼ cup Mexican Crema or Sour Cream.
½ cup Panko
In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine pork and chorizo sausage, onion, red bell pepper and potatoes and garlic. Cook through. Drain fat from pan. Fold sour cream and cilantro and ½ of the panko.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove stems and gills from mushrooms. Spoon chorizo sausage and veggie mixture into the bowl of the mushrooms. Top with remaining half of the panko. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the panko turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
In skillet that chorizo was cooked in - heat over medium-high heat. Crack each egg into the skillet and cover pan with lid. Allow the eggs to cook until the whites have set. Top onto cooked stuffed mushrooms and garnish with cilantro. Devour immediately.
Megan Keno - Country Cleaver