Blueberry Coconut Bread Pudding
The blueberries speckling this bread pudding just scream spring and the coconut adds in a sweet, tropical balance to the tart berries.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 loaf French Bread, cubed
- 1 quart Milk, at least 1%
- 2 cups Sugar
- 5 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 1 cup Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In very large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut extract.
- Place cubed bread into a 13×9 inch pan, making sure to pack as much of it into the pan as possible so that it fits tightly.
- Sprinkle berries in between cubes of bread, moving the pieces out of the way to make sure it is distributed evenly. Sprinkle top with shredded coconut.
- Pour milk/egg mixture over the top of the bread and berries.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until the middle is no longer soppy and the milk flows freely. If the top begins to brown too much, loosely tent with aluminum foil. Continue to bake until middle is not jiggly.
- Remove from oven and set on rack to cool. Serve warm or place in fridge and serve cold.
Keywords: easy bread pudding recipe, blueberry bread pudding, best bread pudding recipe