I’m running on fumes. We’ve all been there – those long, busy days that leave us zonked. Last night was a prime example, as Ben asked me if I wanted to go walk the dog, and by the time he returned to the living room I was already asleep on the couch. Typical.
But before that happened, I did manage to eke out dinner for Ben with some sun-dried tomato turkey pitas! I crammed these puppies full of crunchy lettuce, chopped up sun-dried tomato, Kalamata olives, goat cheese, and HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey. Ben wolfed down two of them down in no time flat. Thank goodness he needed a second, because like a bad food blogger I didn’t take photos of the first!
Because of Whole30, I got really good at reading the back of packages to find out what secret ingredients were in everything I ate. The easiest part of picking up a box or two of HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Lunchmeat is that I don’t have to take that time in my busy day to read the back of the package to find out what might have been lurking in lunchmeat like with other brands. HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® products are nitrate free*, with no added preservatives*, no added colors and it’s nutritious! It was a great choice to just grab and go as I headed home at the end of the day. And it’s something I can feel comfortable feeding my family.
This sundried tomato turkey pita has a ton of flavor – I’m glad I can feed Ben something good and hearty for a quick dinner. The flavors all melt together for the perfect combination or crunchy, sweet, tangy, briny, and HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey is the perfect canvas for it all.
Sun Dried Tomato Turkey Greek Pita
- 1 package HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey or Deli Ham
- 2 ounces crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 cups Chopped Lettuce
- 2 Tbsp minced Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp halved and pitted Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup prepared Couscous or Tabbouleh
- 2-3 Fresh Pita Bread Pockets
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Mint or Basil, minced (optional)
Using a knife, cut 1 inch of the top of the pita bread pockets, and gently open them up to fill. Gently fill the pockets with layers of lettuce, HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Turkey or Deli Ham, and top with the crumbled feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and sprinkle with couscous or tabbouleh salad. Top with fresh mint or basil as an optional garnish.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy lunchmeats? Comment below for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/15/17- 6/30/17
Be sure to visit the brand page on Sheknowsmedia.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
*Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients.
*No nitrates or nitrites added except for those naturally occurring in cultured celery or cherry powder.