Cookin' My Way Back to the Country

Chocolate Chip Mint Greek Yogurt Pops

Get a healthy, chocolatey treat with these Chocolate Chip Mint Greek Yogurt Pops! Packed with low-fat, high protein greek yogurt and milk, these will keep you cool this summer!

Dish Count – 1 Popsicle Mold, 1 BowlChocolate Chip Mint Greek Yogurt Pops with Chocolate Magic Shell - www.countrycleaver.com

There is never a shortage of ice cream in our household. It’s a staple. Ben’s favorite is vanilla and mine is one with every conceivable cookie or candy packed in. In an effort to keep marital bliss alive and well, we compromise and often come home with chocolate chip mint. It’s one of my favorites, and always refreshing. And it was most definitely time to make them into a homemade pop with greek yogurt and get a little added protein, and less sugar in our dessert than our traditional ice cream treats. Bikini season here I come! Except, I don’t do bikinis. But I do do health. So, yeah!

Dairy is a vital part of Ben’s and my daily routine. It is. As much as I lament his routine eating habits, he’s steadfast in one thing – his glass of milk every evening, and we each have greek yogurts as a snack every day at work. We choose greek yogurt because of the high protein content, averaging twice as much protein as traditional yogurt. It keeps me full when I’m watching the clock and waiting for lunch time! I’m nothing if a routine eater myself!

June Dairy Month is a time to celebrate America’s dairy farming families, who provide us with healthy, wholesome dairy foods. Do you remember that time I went to Ohio to visit producers first hand? Well, did you know: Ohio’s dairy cows on nearly 2,800 family-owned dairy farms in Ohio produce more than 630 million gallons of milk, ranking the state 11th in dairy farming.

That is truly something to be proud of. The best way to thank the men, women, and families behind your food, is to make sure you are eating and drinking your daily allowance of dairy a day. And if you get a chance, hug a cow, and thank a producer.  Join with my friends and I to share your love of dairy and get inspired with wholesome, protein packed creations.

Inside BruCrew Life: Pina Colada Cake Trifle

• 3/4 tsp Mint or Peppermint Extract
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
  • Green Food Coloring, optional
  • 1/4 cup Chocolate Magic Shell, optional
  • 6 Popsicle sticks

In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, greek yogurt, vanilla, peppermint extract.

Add in green coloring to your desired shade of green. Whisk it into the mixture until it's evenly mixed in. Pour the mixture into a popsicle mold. Sprinkle the tops of the pops with the mini chocolate chips, some will settle through while the pops freeze. If you would like additional chips mixed in, mix in a few additional mini chocolate chips using the popsicle sticks. Place sticks in the pops to freeze.

Place the pops in the freezer for 5 hours or longer to freeze solid. When ready to serve, run the base of the molds under hot water briefly and while grasping the sticks, wiggle the pops out of the mold.

Dip or drizzle the pops in to the Chocolate Magic Shell. Serve immediately.

Chocolate Chip Mint Greek Yogurt Pops-- www.countrycleaver.com

*This post is sponsored by the ADA Mideast Association. I’m pleased to continue to partner with and represent agricultural organizations and producers who feed our country. All opinions are my own.*

33 Responses to “Chocolate Chip Mint Greek Yogurt Pops”

Christi @ Love From The Oven — June 1, 2015 @ 5:39 am

Wow, these look amazing! I was just telling my kids we can make some pops this week, and I never thought of incorporating Greek yogurt. Perfect idea, I can’t wait to try them!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 1, 2015 @ 5:40 am

These are almost too pretty to eat!! I love that drippy magic shell down the sides!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — June 1, 2015 @ 6:27 am

Now, these are gorgeous!! I need to get on the pops wagon. xoxo

Erin@WellPlated — June 1, 2015 @ 7:23 am

We have a minimum of three containers of ice cream in our freezer at all times. Cookies and cream for Ben, everything else under the sun for me. Mint chocolate chip is one of my faves, so now I need to try it in healthy popsicle form!

naomi — June 1, 2015 @ 7:59 am

Oh, I’m with you – hug a producer! Dairy is a constant in our home  – in every form!

Miranda @ Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt — June 1, 2015 @ 11:38 am

These look amazing! I’m all about digging into one of these pops! Where can I get that mold? I love it!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — June 1, 2015 @ 12:36 pm

Those gosh darn bikinis get me every time! Ha! These are fabulous. Love me some popsicles. XO

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 1, 2015 @ 1:34 pm

These are absolutely the perfect summer treat! I love the flavour!

Amy P — June 1, 2015 @ 3:35 pm

So I just finished browsing through the Paletas cookbook and lamenting the amounts of sugar in everything. I don’t find myself affected by dairy, but sugar does affect me so I try to avoid large quantities! I also grew up on a dairy farm in Canada (my parents are still producers along with my brother), so these are right up my alley! Thanks!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — June 1, 2015 @ 3:37 pm

I need to find a popsicle mold and STAT! These pops are gorgeous and they look so creamy and tasty. Love that they have protein-packed Greek yogurt in them!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — June 1, 2015 @ 4:05 pm

I can’t live without dairy. Whether it’s in the form of cheese or yogurt, I have to have it. Although I have to say, in popsicle form makes it all the more exciting to me!

Julia — June 1, 2015 @ 6:08 pm

Mint chocolate chip ice cream is my all-time favorite.  The minute I saw these I knew I had to make them. So dreamy.

Katie — June 2, 2015 @ 4:08 am

Mmmm I love anything mint chocolate chip!!! Sounds divine!

Joanne Bruno — June 2, 2015 @ 4:34 am

Mint chocolate chip is my husband’s favorite flavor, so I know these popsicles will be a HUGE hit. Totally making them this weekend!

Cookbook Queen — June 2, 2015 @ 5:33 am

I have been completely obsessing over these since I first saw the photo. Just sheer perfection!!!

sheila — June 2, 2015 @ 6:18 am

I SCREAM YOU SCREAM WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM!! lol We are an ice cream eating family.  I have to buy 3 gallons tubs of vanilla we eat so much!!

Haley @ Hi-Line Healthy — June 2, 2015 @ 8:24 am

What a great idea for making mint chocolate chip ice cream healthier! Love this!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — June 2, 2015 @ 12:27 pm

Obsessed is an understatement, when I am trying to describe these pops! I LOVE Mint chocolate chip ice cream, and then you made something healthy with my fav flavor. I LOVE. Pinned!

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — June 2, 2015 @ 12:58 pm

These pops look awesome!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — June 3, 2015 @ 4:16 am

So I can have one of these for breakfast on account of the Greek yogurt, yes??

Erika — June 3, 2015 @ 5:50 am

Oh My!! These look amazing and I love those photos..

Marly — June 5, 2015 @ 8:44 am

What a gorgeous popsicle! I’m so into mint right now so can’t wait to dive into this recipe!

Thalia @ butter and brioche — June 14, 2015 @ 4:05 pm

It sucks that it’s Winter here in Australia as I am SO craving one of these yogurt pops right now!

Sara — January 13, 2016 @ 5:34 am

I made these last night.
    The mint extract I used was brand new and tasted REALLY REALLY strong (and I used an entire 32 oz tub of yogurt and the milk). I would suggest starting with less and adding until you like the taste. I added a little extra sugar and it was fine. These were just delicious and will save me a ton of money (the premade bars are just too pricey for me now). Thanks for this recipe! I am going to try to replicate a dreamsicle next : )

• Megan replied: — January 14th, 2016 @ 7:08 am

Sara, I’m so pleased you liked the recipe. My mint extract was a bit older, so that is a good note to reduce the mint until you just taste it. Thanks so much for letting me know you enjoyed them! And I can’t wait to hear how those dreamsicles turn out!!

Eden Passante — March 7, 2016 @ 4:00 pm

Chocolate and Mint are the best! These look so good and are super fun!

allie @ Through Her Looking Glass — March 15, 2016 @ 6:46 am

These pops look super delicious Megan. I love mint chocolate chip too. I wouldn’t have thought to combine with Greek yogurt though. Genius!

nicole @ I am a Honey Bee — March 15, 2016 @ 10:01 am

I just moved to FL and I know that these will help me survive the hot summers!

Maris Callahan — March 15, 2016 @ 11:09 am

Ooh I love mint chocolate chip anything! So creative!

Patricia @ Grab a Plate — March 15, 2016 @ 8:35 pm

I’m an “ice cream” nut, and I have it year round in the house 😉  These pops are so adorable, and what a great time to make them!

Eden Passante — April 26, 2016 @ 2:21 pm

These look so good! Love chocolate and mint together!

Amber — June 21, 2016 @ 12:30 pm

Wish I would have read the comments first😞 I just put mine in the freezer, but I tasted the liquid and it was so strong it made me shutter! I was so excited about these too! I should have known 3/4 tsp of mint was way too much. I also almost forgot to add sugar. I was reading through the directions and it never said to add sugar so I poured them all and then had to get them back out to add sugar. If I try this recipe again, I will know better!

Ryan — July 25, 2016 @ 3:05 am

Mint chocolate chip dessert is my unequaled top pick. The moment I saw these I knew I needed to make them. So marvelous.