S’mores Skillet Chocolate Dip

It will be hard not to over dose on this s’mores skillet chocolate dip, because you can dip almost any thing in it from graham crackers to fruit! And with three ingredients you can’t go wrong!
S'mores Skillet Chocolate Dip - www.countrycleaver.com Try this easy, three ingredient s'mores skillet treat when you can't get to a campfire to get your s'mores fix! #smores #chocolate #marshmallow #skillet

It’s hard losing a friend, and yesterday I lost one. Well, he was a friend despite his small size, weird colors and affinity for getting sucked into his filter just for kicks. Yes, Struggles II, the Office Fish has died. And I’m here eating all my feelings… over a fish.

Seriously, I must need help. But this was no ordinary $3 pet store beta…

This fish was an anger ball, and he had favorites in the office. Obviously I was top of his favorites list – being the feeder, keeper, cleaner of the tank. I was that worriesome fish mom who would freak out when he would casually wrap himself around the intake of his tank filter just because he liked to relax and feel the water swoosh through his fins and gills.

And  I was the transporter of him on extended weekends in a traveling cup. Yup, you saw that right – he was a traveling fish making countless trips over his three years to the Palouse for long weekend holidays, Boise for weekends of horseback riding and thunderstorms (well, I did the riding…) and to the coast to see the waves from which he came.

But yesterday, it was his last day. And he will be missed.  He was given an appropriate send off fitting of a fish of his stature. (I also can’t believe I just said those words.) His final destination was the rainbow pond beyond and Struggles was sent off in a Toby Keith fashion – in a red solo cup.

Good by little friend, and see you beyond the rainbow bridge!

RIP Struggles II – Sometime 2011 – 7/29/2014.

IMG_5462

This recipe comes from Susan Whetzel and her totally obsess-over-worthy S’mores Cookbook!! I mean, c’mon! This was the perfect thing to eat my feelings to after the loss of my fish friend. And lately Ben and I have been downing faux-s’mores like there is no tomorrow.

We make due with s’mores fixings and a creme brulee blow torch for our s’mores on our nightly desserts. But this – is face plant worthy!! Get it!

S'mores Skillet Chocolate Dip

Yield: 2 cups Dip

1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips

1 can (14 oz) Condensed Milk

1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff

Graham Crackers or Fruit for serving

Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until chocolate begins to melt. Stir in between heating. When chocolate chips are nearly melted, stir in condensed milk.

Pour the mixture into a skillet, and top with dollops of marshmallow fluff. Allow the fluff to melt slightly and swirl with a knife to get it to mix together slightly and create streaks. Serve immediately.

Susan Whetzel - The S'mores Cookbook

20 Responses to “S’mores Skillet Chocolate Dip”

Tieghan Gerard — July 30, 2014 @ 6:35 am

Oh wow. This would be AMAZING and over here it would be gone in a mater of seconds. YUMMMM!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — July 30, 2014 @ 6:42 am

Poor Struggles II. I would drown my sorrow with this dip as well.

Robin @ Simply Southern Baking — July 30, 2014 @ 7:32 am

My mouth is watering looking at this yummy dip!

Marly — July 30, 2014 @ 7:47 am

Wow! Pass me a graham cracker please!

Laura O @Petite Allergy Treats — July 30, 2014 @ 11:26 am

Love anything S’mores! I heard ya about Beta fish :-( I loved mine in college (Puffy). They really have personality and such beautiful colors!

Matt Robinson — July 30, 2014 @ 12:11 pm

Such a fun idea, my boys would love this!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — July 30, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

This looks so good! You could drown all kinds of sorrows in it!

Rachel Cooks — July 30, 2014 @ 12:26 pm

OH my gosh. I want to face plant in that.

Sorry about your beta!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — July 30, 2014 @ 3:16 pm

Totally digging this. LOVE this dip!

Gaby — July 30, 2014 @ 5:41 pm

I’m totally craving this dip! So sorry about your fish!

Cate O'Malley — July 30, 2014 @ 6:10 pm

We made a similar recipe to this a few weeks ago, but I have a sweetened condensed milk obsessed kid in the house, so we’ll have to make this one too.

Kate @ Diethood — July 30, 2014 @ 6:38 pm

Oh my LAWWWWD!!! Jealous that you guys got to snack on this amazingness!!!

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — July 30, 2014 @ 8:56 pm

Oh my word. I can’t even. It’s just so…chocolaty. I NEED it.

Bri | Bites of Bri — July 31, 2014 @ 4:33 am

Forget the crackers, I’ll eat this with a spoon! On a more serious note though, I once had a fish that lasted about 2 years and ended up having a baby. When Baby died, I lost it! I can’t say I transported him anywhere (I’m impressed!) but I felt terrible when he was gone.

Ami@NaiveCookCooks — July 31, 2014 @ 9:28 am

This looks so good and I can assure my family will go crazy for this!!

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — July 31, 2014 @ 8:53 pm

RIP Struggles II! Pet deaths are always hard, no matter the animal. It makes me smile to this of such a little fish getting so much love and care over the last few years – you are the best mama!

Okay, now let’s get back to that chocolate with marshmallows and graham crackers…. GIMMIE! :)

Jennie @themessybakerblog — August 1, 2014 @ 5:01 am

Poor Struggles II. It’s a good thing you had this dip to comfort you, which, by the way, looks amazing!

Angie | Big Bear's Wife — August 1, 2014 @ 8:12 am

I NEED IT! My friend just posted something like this to my FB wall and was telling me that I needed to make it! I’m so glad I saw this on your blog today! Making it soon!! HUGS Sorry about your fishy :-(

1. Pingback: Mini No Bake Key Lime Pie » Country Cleaver