Nutella Egg Creme

New Yorkers have loved the Egg Creme since forever – and it’s time we make it a summer tradition everywhere!! Instead of chocolate syrup, try it this way – with Nutella! Make your first Nutella Egg Creme today!

Dish Count :: 2 Glasses, 1 spoon or whisk
Nutella Egg Creme Soda - www.countrycleaver.com Authentic just like New Yorkers love, just with Nutella!! #authentic #eggcreme #NewYork

Moms always say that TV will rot your brain… unless you’re me and you base your entire college degree on one TV show. One TV show that taught me that the Butter Cow at the Ohio State Fair is dose exist! That Yoyo Ma does in fact, rule.  And that if you’re from New York, you know that they are the sum total of summer experiences.

Yup, it’s the West Wing. I don’t know where the hang my head in shame or wear that as a badge of honor.

But it’s true, I started college as a Biotech Pre-Vet major, and as I stumbled and got knocked around by Calculus, I decided that it just wasn’t in the cards for me. If my present-Megan could go back and round house kick past-Megan in the face she would. It is my single biggest regret in life, but it wasn’t to be. So instead, I harnessed all those years of ASB in middle and high school, years of studious West Wing watching and a love of all things BS, to get a degree in Political Science.

Thank you Allison Janney, Martin Sheen, and Bradley Whitford.

In one episode in particular, Toby the lovable gruff from New York, walks into the Oval Office to see a Jed Bartlett sipping on an Egg Creme to which proclaims is the most amazing thing. Natrually, being from New Hampshire he thinks just a creation could only be made in New England – and then Toby kicks that proverbial puppy and says there are good things not from New England… Well, that’s just something you don’t tell the President! TOBY!

Which obviously meant I had to try one for myself and find out which fictional President or Communications Director was really right. It was a throwdown! Except I didn’t have chocolate syrup on hand… but I did have Nutella!

I am totally on team Egg Creme after this experience!! And you should be, too.

And if you’re wondering, “What did Megan do with that Political Science degree?”… I went into construction and project management. Yes, there is a limit to the BS I can handle in my life.

Nutella Egg Creme

1/2 cup Nutella

1 cup Milk

1/2 cup Seltzer Water

In two glasses, split up the Nutella and milk. Whisk or stir them together at the bottom of the glasses until they are mixed throughly.

Next, top with bubbly seltzer water and sip immediately.

15 Responses to “Nutella Egg Creme”

Maria — July 28, 2014 @ 6:30 am

What a fun drink!

Gaby — July 28, 2014 @ 7:05 am

Craving this right now!

Liz @ Floating Kitchen — July 28, 2014 @ 7:42 am

Never heard of an Egg Creme before (and I’m from NH!). Maybe we call it something different. Either way, it looks delicious!

Matt Robinson — July 28, 2014 @ 8:38 am

So fun, wishing I had one or two of these right now!

naomi — July 28, 2014 @ 8:57 am

Super yummy! And poli-sci – well, it’ll never be boring.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — July 28, 2014 @ 9:42 am

I didn’t even know biotech pre-vet was a thing! I took biotech and loved it. Also, I need this drink in my life…so unique!

Tessa @ Handle the Heat — July 28, 2014 @ 11:04 am

I loved Jed Bartlett’s affinity for great food! I’ve never had an egg creme before… it looks fantastic.

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — July 28, 2014 @ 12:43 pm

There is one problem with this recipe. The yield says two and I need it to say 3. One for you, your hubby and your guest which is ME.

Kate @ Diethood — July 28, 2014 @ 1:32 pm

Totally awesome drink!!! I could take on 5 of those…it’s Monday.

Your college days are similar to mine! Calculus, malculus…blah! I started with Pharmacy and ended up somewhere in between Management and Political Science! West Wing 4EVA!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — July 28, 2014 @ 3:24 pm

I am DYING for this! Egg creams are probably one of my most favorite drinks, they always make me think of my mom and childhood. There was this amazing 50s era diner by our house with the huge neon signs and a juke box. And LOTS of egg creams. But never with Nutella. Woah.

Millie l add A Little — July 28, 2014 @ 3:45 pm

Mmm simple and so delicious!!

Tieghan Gerard — July 28, 2014 @ 8:34 pm

This is just beyond awesome. I am speechless.

Melissa Belanger — July 28, 2014 @ 9:22 pm

Wait. There’s not actually an egg in an egg creme? I literally always thought there was. This looks so rich and refreshing at the same time, and yey for Nutella!

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — July 29, 2014 @ 8:35 am

I didn’t have a clue what the heck you were talking about. It must an east coast thing??? So that makes it extra fun to learn about. Not only that it kind of reminds me of an Italian soda. I had to pin it. Looking forward to trying it too.

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — July 29, 2014 @ 10:27 am

I have never had an egg creme but hellooooooo, deliciousness — that needs to change ASAP!