Easy One Skillet Lasagna

This easy one skillet lasagna comes together in a cinch, and has only 275 calories per serving! That’s healthy comfort food!

Dish Count :: 1 Skillet, 1 Small Sauce pan

Healthy One Skillet Lasagna - www.countrycleaver.com I’m a chronic over committer. It’s becoming a problem, particularly when it’s in the 90′s and you have to start planning for a wedding in a few weeks that you said you’ve make 20 pies for. Uhhh whoops?

Or there was the time I double booked two dinner parties on the same night!  Then the days that I was at work for 13 hours. And did I mentioned the two phone calls with clients that I missed because of other meetings? Over Committer : Expert Level here folks!!

And it’s becoming problematic.Healthy One Skillet Lasagna - www.countrycleaver.com It’s becoming problematic not for the least of which, Ben is going to be officially done with his nursing school boards next weekend and instead of the spending my weekends doing nothing but cooking, like I have for the last two years, I will have to step out of the kitchen and now balance being a functioning spouse, along with a full time office engineer, and what I call “full time” blogging.

In elementary school I was in our school circus, where I was a unicycler, tumbler, juggler and could shimmy across a tight rope… And the unicycling and juggling I could do at the SAME TIME! Somehow being an adult is even harder than all of those things combined.

Also yes, I can ride a unicycle. IT’s true. If I can master unicycling and axe throwing then you might as well enter me in the the next round of X Factor pronto!

Healthy One Skillet Lasagna - www.countrycleaver.com

That all being said – balancing life is continuing to become more and more difficult. No one said being an adult was easy. And this isn’t meant to be a bitch session either. I love being busy and living life to its absolute fullest. But it means prioritizing what matters most in the world and spending time with my husband – and Huck – is always number one.

I’m that obnoxious girl who always just wants to be with her husband. It’s just presh. *barf* But truth be told, even though I lament those days where we walk the same path with the dog after work, and we stay in most Saturday nights falling asleep on the couch watching terrible reality TV shows *cough* I Wanna Marry “Harry” *cough*, it’s still my favorite place to be.
Healthy One Skillet Lasagna - www.countrycleaver.comAnd I found a new meal that helps me achieve that home cooked flavor in minimal time – and doesn’t leave me feeling guilty over my carb consumption or stretching my yoga pants to the point of them leaving judgmental lines on my tummy. I’ve known Claire for wow, years now – and her first book just came out celebrating healthier living with comfort food without guilt in Eat Skinny, Be Skinny. All recipes are 300 calories or less, and packed with YUM. Ben and I launched ourselves at this gem immediately. And it was good.

Easy One Skillet Lasagna

1 tsp Sea Salt

1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese

1/2 cup Part Skim Mozzarella, shredded

3 Tbsp shredded Parmesan

6 ounces Lasagna noodles, broken into thirds and cooked

3 Tbsp Parsley

Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around five minutes.

Add noodles to skilelt and stir into the mixture well. Add scoops of ricotta cheese over the noodles, add in mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Stir in parsley. Cook about two more minutes, or until thickened.

Serve with additional basil on top.

Recipe from Eat Skinny, Be Skinny by Claire Gallam

18 Responses to “Easy One Skillet Lasagna”

Matt Robinson — July 14, 2014 @ 8:57 am

Nothing sounds better to me than this today…AMAZING!

Becca Pusey — July 14, 2014 @ 11:51 am

You can’t beat lasagne – apart from with one pot, lower calorie lasagne! Amazing!

Gaby — July 14, 2014 @ 6:23 pm

Great dinner idea!

Tieghan — July 14, 2014 @ 8:32 pm

I LOVE skillet lasagnas. This one looks perfect!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — July 14, 2014 @ 9:43 pm

I was just thinking about how I miss hearty pastas like these, I almost wished it was fall, just so I could have them, but that’s silly because obviously we can have them all year round. THIS is perfect!

Thalia @ butter and brioche — July 14, 2014 @ 11:28 pm

awesome idea.. never thought of doing a skillet lasagna before. definitely will be trying the recipe out – seems like such a more efficient way to make lasagna than the tedious and time consuming traditional way. thanks for sharing!

Bri | Bites of Bri — July 15, 2014 @ 3:54 am

Skillet lasagna always wins out over here so I don’t have to assemble :) Balance is hard! I think it’s something we all struggle with every single day. I wish there was more time! And more 3 day weekends :)

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — July 15, 2014 @ 6:54 am

Dreams do come true!! A healthy lasagna that I can make in ONE PAN. I think I just fell in love with you! :)

Ashley — July 15, 2014 @ 6:55 am

I’ll take this for dinner please! One-skillet meals are the best, especially when filled with noodles. :)

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — July 15, 2014 @ 6:59 am

YOU CAN RIDE A UNICYCLER?!!! Girl, if you can balance on that, you can balance anything!! You are amazing. And this skillet, I die.

Annie Standing — July 15, 2014 @ 9:25 am

I love one skillet recipes and this looks scrumptious! Less washing up for me!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — July 15, 2014 @ 10:30 am

This is my kind of comfort food!

Molly @Doughvelopment — July 15, 2014 @ 10:58 am

Can we please see a video of you unicycling?! I so want to see that!
    One pan meals are the best! This looks fantastic!

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — July 15, 2014 @ 11:51 am

Wow, girl it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and it must be hard to juggle all of that, so good luck! This recipe looks yummy, and under 300 calories, yes please!

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — July 15, 2014 @ 1:43 pm

Low in calories. All in one skillet. Wow who could ask for anything more. I sang that when I typed it. Ha! Looks delish on top of that.

Kate @ Diethood — July 15, 2014 @ 5:40 pm

You have your hands full!! Pies for a wedding?? REALLY? I LIIIIKE!
    And a skinny skillet lasagna??? YES!!!

DessertForTwo — July 15, 2014 @ 7:34 pm

I feel ya. I’m over-committing like crazy right now. I just figure I’ll give up the weekends in order to make it all fit? All I really want is for someone to cook me this lasagna!

Mads — July 18, 2014 @ 9:59 am

You need to teach me how to ride a unicycle. That is amazing.

Based on appearances, you are a wonderful balancer. Plus, as long as you are doing the things you love in life with the people you love, then other things can fall by the wayside. If baking 20 pies makes you happy, then bake on, girlfran!