Double Chocolate Moose Munch

This homemade double chocolate Moose Munch is going to wow your friends, and you can make it with things you already have in your cupboards!

Dish Count :: 2 Baking Sheets, 1 Saucepan

Double Chocolate Moose Munch - www.countrycleaver.com

*Warning* The post ahead contains ramblings of a hypocritical anti-reality TV watcher who justifies her recent binging on one particular reality dating show on the fact that it has a faux-Prince Harry on it… You have been warned.

Yes, it’s true – I hate reality TV.

Double Chocolate Moose Munch - www.countrycleaver.com

Well, reality dating shows. I went through The Bachelor phase back in high school and college. I think the shift happened when I past the age of the women competing on that show who were averaging 23 years old? 23. When I was 23 it felt old, now I’m like “Beeecchhh, please – you CRAY!”. These girls are BONKERS! So, now that I am completely, hypocritically sucked into I Wanna Marry “Harry”, I have to shut my face a little. But not too much.

I love the royals as much as the next Anglophile who stayed up all night and took the day off work to watch the Royal Wedding in 2011, but when the idea of falling in love with a royal comes up – women lose all their dang senses! This show has been a train wreck from start to finish, but I can’t. stop. watching.

It’s like I don’t even know me anymore.

Double Chocolate Moose Munch - www.countrycleaver.com

But don’t worry, somehow I will power through and finish the show – I’ve got a couple episodes left to watch that are saved on my Apple TV – so if you’re watching it like me and know how it ends, Please NO SPOILERS!

But here is one thing that will get you through the pain of watching 12 desperate Americans vie for a faux-prince. This Moose Munch is based off of Butter Bakery’s famed Jackson Pollack Popcorn. I just added a some toffee and cashews to the mix.  The Butter Bakery Cookbook is totally one of my favorites, I’m in love with everything I’ve made from it. So if you are in the market for a new cookbook get This One!! Seriously!

These Morning Glory Muffins are a huge hit in our household. It’s like magic, they just disappear so fast.

Morning Glory Muffins - www.countrycleaver.com

2 tsp Vanilla

1/4 tsp Baking Soda

1/2 cup White Chocolate, melted

1/2 cup Chocolate, melted

3/4 cup Chopped Cashew

1/2 cup Toffee Pieces

Heat oven to 250 degrees. Prepare microwave popcorn according to directions.

In a sauce pan, melt butter. Whisk in sugar, corn syrup, and salt and bring to a boil. Let the mixture caramelize, boiling for about five minutes or until it turns golden brown. Remove from the heat. Whisk in the vanilla and the baking soda.

Pour popcorn into a VERY large bowl, and pour the caramel over the top. Using a spoon - the carmel is molten hot - combine the carmel and mix the popcorn. Spread the popcorn over two large lined cookie sheets. Line with parchment or silicone mats. Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes, toss and rotate the popcorn every 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let the popcorn cool for at least 1 hour.

While cooling, melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the cooled caramel popcorn. Sprinkle cashews and toffee over the warm chocolate so it sticks. Let the chocolate rest until cooled. Break popcorn into bite sized chunks and devour.

Remove from the oven.

Butter Baked Goods Jackson Pollack Popcorn

20 Responses to “Double Chocolate Moose Munch”

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 18, 2014 @ 5:58 am

I don’t know if we can be friends anymore….. I am a reality junkie. Bring some of this popcorn over and we can load up on TV drama.

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — June 18, 2014 @ 5:58 am

Haha oh my gosh, I saw previews for that show, and I was like huh uh, do those girls really think he’s Prince Harry or are they well aware that it’s a fake prince?? I will say though, I’m STILL watching the bachelor, I don’t get as into as I did back in the day, but I still keep it on and do blog work at the same time. No shame!

Anyhooo love this moose munch, my husband and I are road tripping it to Atlanta this weekend and this would be the perfect snack to bring along!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — June 18, 2014 @ 6:32 am

HA! I hate reality TV too. No wonder we are friends! Now, give me this moose munch!!

Meghan @ Cake 'n' Knife — June 18, 2014 @ 7:09 am

I am so not a fan of reality TV either – except when it comes to cooking competitions. Shows like MasterChef and Next Iron Chef are my ultimate guilty pleasures… don’t hate me!

Gaby — June 18, 2014 @ 7:31 am

I need a batch of this immediately!

Matt Robinson — June 18, 2014 @ 9:37 am

Making this for movie night soon, love it!

Kari@Loaves n Dishes — June 18, 2014 @ 9:52 am

I hate reality TV, but I love Moose Munch! I love it so much that I eat it until I feel sick…and then I keep on eating some more; I’m a weirdo. I no longer have a Harry and David near me, so I’m gonna have to make a big batch of this yumminess asap!

naomi — June 18, 2014 @ 10:08 am

I love that this is so easy and requires no trip to the store to make!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — June 18, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

I want to fist pump this popcorn into my mouth.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — June 18, 2014 @ 1:32 pm

I wish I had a batch of this sitting in front of me right now!

Kate @ Diethood — June 18, 2014 @ 1:58 pm

OMG! I HAVE got to add that show to my trash-tv time!!

I’m lovin’ the moose munch – how do you ever stop eating this?!? I would inhale it… all of it. And then some.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 18, 2014 @ 2:43 pm

This looks like such a yummy snack!! Love it!

Jackie {The Beeroness} — June 18, 2014 @ 2:50 pm

I wish I could say that I hate reality TV but I ALWAYS get sucked into Top Chef.
    Just liked I would totally get sucked into this popcorn.

Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen — June 18, 2014 @ 6:16 pm

Haha, I’m watching it too! It’s so mindless – exactly the type of show I like to watch when I’m running on the treadmill. I can’t watch anything that makes me think too hard when I’m sweating :) So, it’s that and Real Housewives of OC for me.

I think a great big container of this popcorn and a glass of red wine would be the perfect tv watching snack!

DessertForTwo — June 19, 2014 @ 5:18 am

I had no idea there was a reality show about marrying Harry! I’m intrigued…

Taylor @ greens & chocolate — June 19, 2014 @ 5:27 am

I’m not big into reality TV shows but I admit – I did go through a 3 year phase of The Bachelor obsession. Maybe it was just beacuse it was a good excuse to drink wine on Monday nights :) I’m thinking I need to check out I Wanna Marry Harry…looks trashy-amazing! Also – this Moose Crunch looks ah-mazing!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — June 19, 2014 @ 12:27 pm

Heck to the yeah moose munch! This looks like the perfect reality TV companion.

Amelia @ Eating Made Easy — June 19, 2014 @ 4:33 pm

Oh my. Adding this to my summer snacking list!!!

marla — July 29, 2014 @ 6:52 am