Samoas Cookies and Cream Coconut Milkshake

These Samoas Cookies and Cream Coconut Milkshakes are simple to make, full of your favorite Girl Scout Cookie flavors and perfect for spring and Girl Scout Cookie season. Even try it with a shot of Malibu Rum for a boozy milkshake, too!Samoas Coconut Milkshake - www.countrycleaver.com

Is it weird to crave ice cream in the middle of winter? I’m asking for a friend. Because whenever it’s cold enough to be bundled up like Randy from a Christmas Story, so layered that she can’t put her arms down, she inevitably also wants ice cream. In the spirit of dropping the last veil, that friend is really me. Shocker, right?

This ice-cream-when-it’s-frigid problem started young and it never let up, and continues to be apart of my winter ritual to this day.  And it’s not just ice cream that I crave, but anything cold. Like milkshakes. And ice cream sandwiches *hint*.

Samoas Coconut Milkshake - www.countrycleaver.com

Seattle just went through its first winter storm of the season, I know – where the heck have WE been?! We got a couple of inches of snow and it finally felt like a real winter. I love the snow. I keep staring at the news, envious of my Polar Vortex friends that they have snow and we don’t. But then I remember that Seattle has a tendancy to collapse down around itself when it does snow.

There is a local insurance commercial that loves poking fun at us PNW’ers and illustrated it perfectly with it’s Northwest Profile – First Snow Fall Freak Out Lady., which basically sums up all of Seattle when we even hear that snow is in the forecast. Somehow the magnitudes of rain we get in Seattle doesn’t phase us – but the snow – LOOK OUT!!

We are a town of enigmas. And enigmas with all wheel drive cars and Starbucks in our hands. Duh.

Samoas Coconut Milkshake - www.countrycleaver.com

So while everyone is out trying to scrounge up the last supplies for this Polar Vortex, or in our case here in Seattle, three inches of snow that melted the next day and is now three days of straight train, I’m going to sit back, leave my all wheel drive car in the car port, sit by my fire with my mutt and in my yoga pants and drink a milkshake. Because that’s what rational people do in the middle of winter.

Samoas Coconut Milkshake - www.countrycleaver.com

Samoas Cookies and Cream Coconut Milkshake

Yield: 2 Milkshakes

1 Pint Coconut Ice Cream
6-8 Samoas Girl Scout Cookies, chopped
⅓ cup Milk
2 oz Malibu Rum (for a Boozy Version)
Whipped Cream
Caramel Sauce

In a blender, add in milk, coconut ice cream, chopped Samoas Cookies (and Malibu Rum if desired). Blend on medium until just combined and the cookies have been blended in. Pour into tall serving glasses. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle additional chopped Samoas Cookies on top for garnish if desired.

28 Responses to “Samoas Cookies and Cream Coconut Milkshake”

Ali @ Inspiralized — February 12, 2014 @ 6:05 am

My dad would love this, samoas were always his favorites!! Great diea!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — February 12, 2014 @ 6:56 am

Milkshake.Boys.Yards. These are flipping amazeballs!

Erika — February 12, 2014 @ 7:06 am

LOVE LOVE!! Boozy, drinkable girl scout cookies.. You’re a genius lady!

Sandy @ ReluctantEntertainer — February 12, 2014 @ 7:29 am

Oh, my goodness. I’d be in heaven with this! xo

Katrina @ WVS — February 12, 2014 @ 7:37 am

This shake is positively stunning! I love it!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — February 12, 2014 @ 7:42 am

Ice cream knows no season, especially if Samosas are involved! Plus, if you add booze, it’s practically a winter warmer, right?

Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads — February 12, 2014 @ 7:50 am

This looks so amazing! I love Girl Scout cookie season!! Pinning!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — February 12, 2014 @ 8:00 am

Here in Dallas we REALLY cannot handle the snow. We had a late start to school yesterday because there was a 30% chance of snow. Not kidding.

Cold or not, I am all over this milkshake!! Boozy version, obvs.

Angie — February 12, 2014 @ 8:08 am

My favorite cookie in a milkshake! Love!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — February 12, 2014 @ 9:00 am

Megan, this milkshake is just EPIC!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — February 12, 2014 @ 9:15 am

Well, hello there gorgeous. I’d love to cozy up with this milkshake. I crave ice cream year round…in fact, I thought for a moment I was that friend you were describing. :) And please don’t envy us polar vortex folks. Once you’ve dug your car out of the snow three times in one week, you’ll want to send that powdery stuff to the pits of hell. And I’m not even being dramatic. :)

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — February 12, 2014 @ 9:34 am

Ice cream in winter is pure awesomeness. But when is it a bad time for ice-cream? That’s the question. Especially if it’s these milkshakes what we’re talking about. Drinkable samoas??? Now, this is too awesome to be real! I’ll take 100 pints of the stuff ;–)

Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet — February 12, 2014 @ 9:38 am

This milkshake is so happening! Love samoas!!!

Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker — February 12, 2014 @ 10:32 am

This is AWESOME! Gorgeous photos, too!

katie — February 12, 2014 @ 12:42 pm

mmmm I’ve been thinking of doing something similar for the past month–Trying out your recipe asap! :)

Gaby — February 12, 2014 @ 2:10 pm

So irresistible! You knocked this one out of the park!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — February 12, 2014 @ 3:13 pm

GIMMMMEEEEE. I’ll trade you any of our snow that hasn’t left since November for one of these shakes. ;)

Stefanie — February 12, 2014 @ 5:29 pm

Move to MN – lots of snow and winter and eating ice cream year round is natural here. Great recipe! THanks.

Tieghan — February 12, 2014 @ 8:24 pm

AWESOME!! I wish I had like 2 right now….and I am freezing, but I would still down these!

Kathryn — February 13, 2014 @ 1:31 pm

Not at all crazy, I’m sure there’s some science behind a mid-winter ice cream craving. Love the sound of this!

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — February 14, 2014 @ 7:43 am

This looks craaaaaaaazy good to me! LOVE the boozy version, for sure!

Shaina — February 20, 2014 @ 1:29 pm

These look so fun! I love Samoas.

steph@stephsbitebybite — March 6, 2014 @ 5:54 am

Get outta here with this!! I’m ready for a brain freeze at 6 am! I’ll take two straws with mine too please.

1. Pingback: Country Cleaver Two Bite Samoas Ice Cream Sandwiches » Country Cleaver

2. Pingback: Samoa Cookie Ice Cream Cake