Proscuitto and Pear Pizza

Proscuitto and Pear Pizza with honey dijon sauce, caramelized onion and a rosemary olive oil pizza dough that is crispy and packed with flavor.

Proscuitto and Pear Pizza with Rosemary Olive Oil Pizza Dough

So, remember that day that I told you about the near throw down in the Cleaver household over the buying of two pizzas? How one of us, *cough* Ben, has to have a pizza with ALLL the varieties of things that had a mother on it, and how the other of us, moi, goes for greenery and fruits on hers…. Well, I did it again and laid down the pizza LAW. Booyah.

Proscuitto and Pear Pizza with Rosemary Olive Oil Pizza Dough

Well, I didn’t exactly lay down the law (because I’m a wuss) but I gave it my best shot combining something that had a mother, and that was aged to perfection and wonderfully salty, fried and crispy, alongside something that was seasonal, light and that grew on a tree. Match made in pizza crusted heaven!!

Did I mention that it was also topped with caramelized onions, honey dijon sauce and gorgonzola cheese? Cause there’s that, too.

Are you feeling like a rebel yet? Come to the dark side – it’s so delicious.

Proscuitto and Pear Pizza with Rosemary Olive Oil Pizza Dough

Join the rest of these pizza week shenanigans with some truly amazing carb crusted creations from my favorite gals.

Tuesday:
Kat from Tenaciously Yours: Zorbaz Taco Pizza
Kirsten from Comfortably Domestic: Cornmeal Pizza Crust and Greek Pizza
Wednesday:
Mads from La Petite Pancake: Tangy BBQ Chicken Pizza
Megan from Wanna Be a Country Cleaver: Pork and Pear Pizza
Thursday:
Kirsten from Comfortably Domestic: Greek Pizza
Beka from Kvetchin Kitchen: Clam and Bacon Pizza
Monica from Grommom: Gluten Free Roasted Veggie Pizza
Friday:
Lauren from Climbing Grier Mountain:Caramelized Onion, Sausage, and Barbecue Pizza with Ranch Dressing
Jeanne from Inside Nanabread’s Head: Pepporoni Rolls Made 2 Ways

Be sure to also pick up some STAR Fine Foods Olive oil at your local grocery store. Their infused olive oil makes the perfect pizza crust and so much more!

Proscuitto and Pear Pizza with Rosemary Olive Oil Pizza Crust

1 Pear, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Gorgonzola, crumbled
¼ cup Caramelized Onion
2 ounces Prosciutto, thinly sliced and fried
2 Tbsp High Quality Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Honey

In a small bowl add warm water and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Let the yeast bloom for 5-10 minutes until it becomes foamy. While the yeast is blooming, combine the flour, salt, rosemary and garlic in a large mixing bowl outfitted with a hook attachment. With the mixer on low, pour in the STAR Rosemary Olive Oil until combined. Next, slowly pour in the yeast/water until the dough starts to come together. Turn the mixer onto medium once the dough starts to form and knead until smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm, dark place to rise for 1- 1 ½ hours.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a piece of parchment, sprinkle heavily with cornmeal. Using hands, press dough out until very thin and even. In a small dish, whisk together Dijon and honey until smooth and spread evenly over dough as a sauce.
Top with remaining ingredients, mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced pear, caramelized onion, prosciutto, and gorgonzola cheese. Pull the parchment paper and pizza onto a baking sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly and browning. Remove from oven and let rest 2-3 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately.

29 Responses to “Proscuitto and Pear Pizza”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — February 5, 2014 @ 4:44 am

I wish there were more days in the week so I can try all these yummy pizzas!
    Girl, this is fab! I love the idea of fruit on pizza. Then it’s totally healthy and perfectly acceptable to eat for breakfast right?
    Lie to me.

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — February 5, 2014 @ 5:36 am

Hello delicious pizza! THis is seriously some good looking pizza.

Stephanie @ PlainChicken — February 5, 2014 @ 6:52 am

LOVE this! I love the combination of pear and proscuitto. Can’t wait to try this.

Bev @ Bev Cooks — February 5, 2014 @ 7:08 am

You were meant for me. And I . . . was meant for you.

(talking to the pizza)

• Megan replied: — February 5th, 2014 @ 7:20 am

Aww just talking to the pizza?! And here I thought we had something, Bev!?! *dramatically falls onto fainting chair*

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — February 5, 2014 @ 7:30 am

OH MY LANS, this pizza. Love love love.

Josie — February 5, 2014 @ 7:53 am

This looks amazing! We’ve gotten to the point to where we need 2 pizzas to feed our family, so that gives me creative license to make one “normal” pizza and one “weird” one. It’s a great thing!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — February 5, 2014 @ 9:30 am

Oh man, this is totally my type of pizza. It looks so delicious!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — February 5, 2014 @ 9:33 am

MMMMMMMMMMMM….gimme dat pizzzzzza! Dang girl, this looks delish!

Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel — February 5, 2014 @ 9:43 am

Ohhh my gosh! My cousins have a pizza oven in their backyard, so I am always looking for new ideas… this sounds AMAZING! I love the sweet and salty combo!

Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet — February 5, 2014 @ 9:52 am

Loving this fancy pizza idea! Pinned!

Gaby — February 5, 2014 @ 10:12 am

This pizza is calling my name!

Sommer @ASpicyPerspective — February 5, 2014 @ 10:51 am

Oh this pizza looks amazing! I want this pizza tonight!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — February 5, 2014 @ 12:26 pm

This is so fabulous, Megan. I love the flavor combo!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — February 5, 2014 @ 12:49 pm

You just had me at pears on pizza. I’m just that kinda cray person.

Danae @ reciperunner — February 5, 2014 @ 3:03 pm

This pizza looks amazing! I love the rosemary infused olive oil in the crust, I’m going to have to find some of that!

Happy Valley Chow — February 5, 2014 @ 6:36 pm

So glad I found you on Tasty Kitchen, looking forward to following your blog. This pizza sounds absolutely incredible and I love your flavor combination. Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Tieghan — February 5, 2014 @ 9:18 pm

I wish I had this for dinner!! Love fruity, cheesy pizzas!

nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — February 6, 2014 @ 10:43 am

Pizza perfection!

Nutmeg Nanny — February 6, 2014 @ 12:44 pm

This pizza looks absolutely divine :) I adore it

Courtney @ Neighborfood — February 6, 2014 @ 9:00 pm

What could possibly be better than pizza week? I’m always on the hunt for new pizzas ideas, and anything that combines proscuitto and fruit is going to be loved by me!

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — February 6, 2014 @ 10:41 pm

Geez, that looks seriously awesome!!

Kirsten/ComfortablyDomestic — February 7, 2014 @ 10:39 am

Way to be the Pizza Boss! I love prosciutto and pear anything!

Paula – bell’alimento — February 8, 2014 @ 2:53 pm

This pizza is right up my alley! Looks amazing! Pinned

1. Pingback: Pizza Week: Pepperoni Rolls Two Ways | Inside NanaBread's Head

2. Pingback: Climbing Grier Mountain » foodie fridays: caramelized onion, sausage, and barbecue pizza with ranch dressing

3. Pingback: 30 Minute Cornmeal Pizza Dough Recipe for Pizza Week | Comfortably Domestic

4. Pingback: When a Diamond Tiara isn’t enough to remind myself that I’m a Woman: Greek Pizza Recipe for Pizza Week | Comfortably Domestic

5. Pingback: Apple and Proscuitto Pizza