20-Minute Cinnamon Sugar Twists with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce

These 20-minute cinnamon sugar twists with cream cheese dipping sauce are crispy, crunchy and perfect for entertaining or a quick breakfast.

20-Minute Cinnamon Twists - www.countrycleaver.com

What a game! I’m still recovering – mostly from the shock of it all. And the food hangover. Having to be up for work at 4:15 am means you don’t get to party like the good old days. But after last night, I really wish I’d had a chance to celebrate a little more. Seattle is absolutely going crazy over this Super Bowl win. The 12th Man, the official fan base of the Seahawks, is losing their minds.
20-Minute Cinnamon Twists - www.countrycleaver.com But it kinda got me thinking, I love the game, I love the crowd, and the fan base. With the absolutely astronomical number of new jerseys, baseball hats, car-window flags, sweatshirts and all of that stuff being bought to be part of the 12th Man, that money could have been so much better spent in the community. I know, it’s my bleeding heart coming out, but seriously people.

Every Tuesday Russell Wilson and his wife volunteer at Children’s Hospital in Seattle. And he’s not the only Hawk doing some good, Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch do, too! If every 12th Man would have directed one of their T-shirt sales to one of the player’s charities – that money could have truly done some good.

20-Minute Cinnamon Twists - www.countrycleaver.com

Don’t get me wrong – I love the Seahawks pride absolutely flowing through every vein of Seattle, and the blue and green painting the Space Needle and The Empire State Building – but I’m hoping that everyone soon remembers that so much good can come from this publicity and I hope that we can do some real good.

20-Minute Cinnamon Twists - www.countrycleaver.com
Consider donating to them instead. You can still show team spirit – and have a lasting impact for years to come.

20-Minute Cinnamon Twists - www.countrycleaver.com

To show your true team spirit – Below are links to several players and organizations that the teams and player’s support in their community. Donate $30 – or the cost of ONE officially licensed team shirt – and you can make EPIC change and still support your team! Go Hawks! And Go Broncs!

SEATTLE Charitable Organizations:

Food Bank of the Rockies

20 Minute Cinnamon Twists with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce

Yield: 10 Twists

2 Sheets Puff Pastry, thawed
⅓ cup Sugar
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ cup Butter, melted and cooled slightly
4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Powdered Sugar
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
5-6 tsp Milk or Cream

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small dish, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. On a floured surface, sprinkle each sheet of puff pastry with flour, and roll each into 10 inch by 10 inch squares.
Brush each side of sheets with butter and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar mixture. Turn sheets over and repeat butter and sugar sprinkling. With a pizza cutter, cut both sheets into strips one inch wide, about 20 strips. Gather two strips on top of each other, pinching ends together and twist to form well, twists. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place baking sheet into oven and bake 20-23 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. While baking, mix together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. If the cream cheese is not entirely softened it will look clumpy. Add in vanilla extract and 5 teaspoons of milk, stirring until incorporated and smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add an additional teaspoon or two of milk, until the dip reaches your desired consistency.
Serve immediately.

Adapted from America's Test Kitchen Coffee House Twists

21 Responses to “20-Minute Cinnamon Sugar Twists with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce”

Tieghan — February 3, 2014 @ 5:55 am

These are just awesome! Love them!!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — February 3, 2014 @ 6:08 am

These are absolutely gorgeous and so yummy looking! Congrats on the Seahawks win!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — February 3, 2014 @ 6:32 am

YES HAWKS. What stomping victory. These twists are totally taking me back to my childhood love of Taco Bell cinnamon twists, except homemade and 1,000x better.

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — February 3, 2014 @ 6:42 am

Boy was that an ugly for the Broncos! Congrats to the Seahawks! And seriously, can you beam me up a few dozen of these ASAP?

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — February 3, 2014 @ 7:05 am

These are gorgeous, Megan. I feel like all your photos lately are just breathtaking. Plus, a puff pastry and cream cheese combo just can’t be bad. ;)

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — February 3, 2014 @ 7:26 am

These look so yummy!!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — February 3, 2014 @ 7:31 am

I like the way you think. I never thought about t-shirt sales that way, but it makes total sense. You have such a good heart. Um, I’m in love with these twists. I’ll need a separate bowl of dipping sauce so I can double, triple, quadruple dip.

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — February 3, 2014 @ 7:42 am

LOVE these cinnamon sugar twists — kinda wish I had them for elevensies right now. :)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — February 3, 2014 @ 8:12 am

This is exactly what I need for breakfast today. Love!

Sonya — February 3, 2014 @ 8:57 am

It is coming from a good place, your thought to donate the money to charity instead of buying a jersey, but where does it end and how do we decide who gives up which pleasures? If someone argued that you could have eaten beans instead of making these twists, and gave the difference to charity, what would be your reaction? Or some more expensive cooking equipment or ingredient? I say give to charity AND have your fun. And if you are internally motivated to give something up that you love, you do it privately but don’t project it onto someone else.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 3, 2014 @ 10:08 am

I love that dip!! Such a cool idea with some delicious carbs. Yum!

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — February 3, 2014 @ 11:29 am

WHAT A GAME!! I wish I had been in Seattle for the big win. My Utah friends and family just aren’t that excited about it like I am. ;)

Love this idea too, and your cinnamon sugar twists!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — February 3, 2014 @ 12:21 pm

So happy for all of the Seattleites! I love your sentiment here and it’s so true. I hope all the publicity will be used to generate some wonderful long term community investment in the city–that’s a win everyone can celebrate! These cinnamon twists are now straight up at the top of my to-make list. Now I just have to decide whether to have them for breakfast, dessert, or both!

Erika — February 3, 2014 @ 3:17 pm

Great Post! Congrats on the win.. this is clearly the year of the Seahawk.. now send me some of these twists.

Cassie | Bake Your Day — February 3, 2014 @ 6:53 pm

Cinnamon sugar is my weakness. I love this. I’m so happy for my Seattle friends!

Gaby — February 3, 2014 @ 7:37 pm

What a fabulous idea to donate to a charity! I love these cinnamon twists, what a great way to start the day!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — February 3, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

Check out that flaky goodness! Too freaking awesome Megan!

Julia — February 4, 2014 @ 6:34 am

I want to say things about your cinnamon twist, but first, can I just tell you how CUTE your hitch hiker’s thumb is?? I always wanted a hitch hiker’s thumb! My brother got the HHT DNA, but alas, I did not. Your cinno twists are playing mad games with my mouth! I want to dip them in alll the cream cheese sauce!

• Megan replied: — February 4th, 2014 @ 10:39 am

LOL!! You’re the first person to notice my hiker’s thumb in photos!!! LOL! It is rediculous, the thing goes backwards into a 90 degree angle. I’m a circus freak haha high five with your brother!! Hahah

Nutmeg Nanny — February 6, 2014 @ 12:43 pm

My husband is going to eat these babies up! Yum :)

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — February 8, 2014 @ 7:17 am

These cinnamon twists are right up my alley!