Morning Glory Muffins

These will be your new favorite breakfast treat – packed with fruits and veggies, they will start your day off right. These morning glory muffins freeze well for later eating!

Morning Glory Muffins - www.countrycleaver.com

There is so much going on right now, I can’t even think of where to start!!

1) Muffins. They are important and I will discuss them in one second.

2) OH Em Gee, the Seahawks are going to the SUPERBOWL!!

3) I got my first shellac manicure this weekend – Life. Changer. And as I was so lovingly *cough* told, no one gets regular manicures anymore… *insert eye roll of the manicurist here* I have always been tardy to the party, so being the last to find out about the amazingness of Shellac manicures is nothing new for me.

4) Okay, back to the muffins.

As much as I try to curb the deep seeded love I have for all manners of carbs, it just isn’t working. My affinity for carbs, is long and tortured, wrought with heartache and tight jeans. But I can’t quit them, like a T.Swift song about some silly high school crush.

But these muffins!
Morning Glory Muffins

Work has been throwing me for some loops lately – including a new schedule that starts at 10:30 now instead of my usual 6 am. I’m an obnoxious early bird, so starting my day off early and getting to enjoy the sun after work and walking the mutt after work is important to me. But since it’s off kilter now, I’m getting all the afternoon chores done before work, and I’m even finding time to bake before work!

These muffins do hold true to their second name “Twice-A-Week” muffins from the Butter Bakery in Vancouver. Because of the switcharooed schedule, I’m trying to find my morning groove and maximize my time to get everything into a short amount of time. I recently got a brand new MagiMix food processor that made incredibly short work out the fruits and veggies into these muffins. Oh, I didn’t mention there were VEGETABLES in these muffins? They’re practically a health food! That’s legit right? Bake on dear friends, bake on.

Magimix Cuisine 4200XL by Robot Coupe

The shredding of my four carrots and a massive honeycrisp apple was put to work in short order with the ultra powerful motor that shredded them all into fine, even pieces that baked beautifully in these muffins. This Magimix tackles all sizes of projects – and this one has a 3-in-1 bowl set that does prep for the little and the big jobs. Win-win, son. Win-Win.  I can’t wait to put these to the test  with more dishes soon!

Morning Glory Muffins Morning Glory Muffins

1 cup Shredded Coconut
1 cup Chopped Pecans
1 Apple, peeled and grated
4 Eggs
½ cup Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix in carrots, raisins, coconut, pecans and apples - mix well. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir mixture into the fruits/veggies mixture and mix until all ingredients combine.

Scoop dough with ice cream scoop into lined or vegetable oil sprayed muffin tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the muffins come out clean when a toothpick has been inserted into the middle of each muffin. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.

Mildly adapted from Butter Bakery's Twice-A-Week Muffins.

*Fine Print* I was provided a MagiMix 14 cup food processor to review. I was no compensated. All opinions are my own.

22 Responses to “Morning Glory Muffins”

Julia — January 20, 2014 @ 5:43 am

I want to T Swift the crap out of these muffins..craaaaaazy!!! Morning glory muffins are my all time favorite muffin. Like you, I like to wake up early and get work done and done, but I’d love to be able to bake delicious treats before starting the work day. Sounds like a schedule we can get used to!

Jenny Flake — January 20, 2014 @ 5:56 am

Loooving your morning glory muffins! Great way to start the day, I’ll have my boys help me make them :) Happy Monday!

steph@stephsbitebybite — January 20, 2014 @ 5:57 am

Oh my gosh, yes!!! It has been forever since I’ve had a morning glory muffins. They used to be a huge favorite of mine and then one day I guess I just forgot about them. I love all the fruit!! Need to make these

Kathryn — January 20, 2014 @ 6:04 am

I’m #teamcarbs forever. These are so bright and vibrant – the perfect way to start the morning.

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — January 20, 2014 @ 6:06 am

I love these!! Morning glory is such a fabulous flavour – especially in muffin form!! Yum!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — January 20, 2014 @ 6:27 am

Look at you sneaking veggies into breakfast!!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — January 20, 2014 @ 7:39 am

Ooo, these muffins would go so perfectly with my morning coffee! Pinned!

Tabitha R. — January 20, 2014 @ 8:12 am

These sound delicious! As a bust nanny of twin toddlers I need healthy, fast meals esp. for breakfast. Have you tried using honey instead of sugar? Or splenda? Just wondering how they would come out and what converted measurement to use. Trying to stay away from refined sugars. Thanks!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — January 20, 2014 @ 8:41 am

I am calling these muffins health food and eating five.

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — January 20, 2014 @ 10:23 am

These muffins look fabulous. I’m glad you are finally getting time to bake in the mornings.

Kare @ Kitchen Treaty — January 20, 2014 @ 10:45 am

With a picky toddler, sneaking fruits and veggies into muffins has become my life. These look so great, and I LOVE that you added apples!

Yay Seahawks! I’m in the Seattle area too, and the energy is crazy around here, isn’t it?!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — January 20, 2014 @ 11:19 am

Well I’ve never gotten any kind of manicure so I guess I’m super late to the party. ;)

Anyay, these look awesome! :D

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — January 20, 2014 @ 12:49 pm

I’m so digging these muffins! And I am super pumped for your new work schedule!

kelley {mountain mama cooks} — January 20, 2014 @ 1:36 pm

Loving these muffins! These would be perfect for kids lunches too. Congrats on the Super Bowl!!

DessertForTwo — January 20, 2014 @ 6:12 pm

I’m a diehard early bird, too. I love it. I love spending my extra time baking muffins! These are some of my favorite muffins.

Taylor — January 20, 2014 @ 6:30 pm

These look like the perfect on-the-go healthy breakfast! And don’t worry – I’m way late to the Shellac party too…I’ve never had one!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — January 20, 2014 @ 9:49 pm

I love shellac manis too, but they are pricey to keep up. These muffins are perfect! So much goodness!

Gaby — January 21, 2014 @ 9:06 am

These muffins look like an excellent way to start the day! Love the shredded apples!

Anna (Hidden Ponies) — January 21, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

I love Morning Glory muffins but am often too lazy for all the grating – what a handy contraption that is :) Love these!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — January 21, 2014 @ 4:43 pm

So smart to use the food processor! I haven’t made muffins in too long!

Shaina — January 21, 2014 @ 4:45 pm

Wonderful muffins to wake up to. I have to tell you that I have only had a handful of manicures in my life, and I’m fairly certain none of them have been shellac. Someone is going to take away my girl card at some point.

1. Pingback: Link Love | Raw In The Middle