Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini – For Bev’s Baby Shower

Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini - so easy for the holidays, and can be made with champagne or sparkling cider!

Weverly Beverly Boo,

We have a surprise for you!

We’ve gathered together

to share our great pleasure

of being your friend,

until the very end.

So let’s crack the bubbly

and toast to Will, Natalie and YOU!

Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini

I tried to find a way to rhyme with “bubbly” for like 10 minutes here…I never claimed to be Doctoress Suess, so forgive the unrhyming rhyme. My high school english teacher should have prepared me better, because I’m sure this is a legit poem somewhere in the literature-sphere.

So uhhh, SURPRISE!!

Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini

You know of my expoentienally increasing baby fever, so this gave me great reason to explode my hormones all over the place in someone’s direction, because I’m pretty sure my husband can’t take any more of my fever being directed anywhere in his general vicinity.

Being nearly 9 months sober, I wanted to gather you a non-cocktail cocktail to celebrate with.  But being the Girl Scout that I am, it can be made in boozy or non-boozy form for someone in your adorably round and “OMG Can I touch The Belly!!” condition, or it can be made ultra sloshy for you as soon as those two adorable squish faced, perfectly quirky (if they take after their dear sainted mother)  and blonde bebes make their debut.

Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini

Drink up soon lovely, after 9 months of double bun baking you have EARNED IT!!

Thank you so much for being my friend, my daily source of inspiration and hilarity, and for the impending onslaught of 237 daily IG updates of those two that I now I will keep me plastered to my IG on a daily basis. Because my baby-fever is not out of control or anything right now…

Appetizers
Bacon Cotija Guacamole from Gaby of What Gaby Cooking
Gruyère Gougères from Shaina of Food for My Family
Lemon Risotto Tarts from Kelly of Live Love Pasta
Goat Cheese Crostini with Pesto and Roasted Red Peppers from Liz of The Lemon Bowl
Spinach and Feta Quinoa Bites from Aggie of Aggie’s Kitchen
Roasted Red Grape, Brie and Rosemary Flatbread from Laurie of Simply Scratch
The Fastest Appetizer Ever from Brooke of Cheeky Kitchen
Apple Pear Tart – Two Ways from Sarah of Daisy at Home

Drinks
Chocolate Chai Frappe from Brandy of Nutmeg Nanny
Cherry Chocolate Kiss Smoothie from Amy of Very Culinary
Cranberry Sorbet Bellini – Non-Alcoholic and Alcoholic from Megan of Country Cleaver
Peppermint Mocha Affogato from Christina of Dessert for Two
Toasted Marshmallow Cream Hot Chocolate from Jessica of How Sweet It Is
Pomegranate Lemonade Punch from Heather of Heather Christo

Salads
Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Orange and Pine Nuts from Rachel of Rachel Cooks
Pear Cranberry Arugula Salad from Tracy of Shutterbean
Brussels Sprout Salad + maple roasted cranberry dressing from Katie of Yes, I Want Cake
Gluten-Free Pasta Salad from Lisa of With Style and Grace
Hearty Roasted Winter Vegetable Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing from Heather of Heather’s Dish
Winter Citrus Salad from Catherine of Weelicious

Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini

Yield: 4 Drinks

1 cup Raspberry Sorbet
1 bottle chilled Cranberry Apple Sparkling Cider
Cranberries for garnish (optional)

Scoop out four heaping tablespoon scoops of sorbet and place into champagne flutes.

Pour Cranberry Apple Sparkling Cider over the top.

Serve immediately and garnish with additional cranberries if desired.

29 Responses to “Cran-Raspberry Sorbet Bellini – For Bev’s Baby Shower”

HeatherChristo — December 10, 2013 @ 4:03 am

You are so dang cute Megan! And these bellini’s are perfect for a Holiday timed special occasion!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — December 10, 2013 @ 4:56 am

We usually just drink beer and wine around the holidays but I am definitely adding this to my cocktails list! It looks fabulous and festive. And also, makes a great baby shower drink! Everyone would love it!

shelly (cookies and cups) — December 10, 2013 @ 5:00 am

These are so fun! My kids will love these on Christmas Eve!

bridget {bake at 350} — December 10, 2013 @ 5:35 am

Gorgeous!!!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — December 10, 2013 @ 5:39 am

Dyyyyyying! These are amazing and I’m counting the HOURS (I mean days?) until I can partake in ze booze again. You’re so awesome and sweet to drink of me. I MEAN THINK of me. Ugh.

Thank you!! xoxo!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 10, 2013 @ 5:59 am

THE POEM!!!! And I love that I actually have raspberry sorbet and prosecco in my house at this moment!!

Aimee @ Simple Bites — December 10, 2013 @ 6:02 am

I love a cranberry cocktail and this is so pretty and festive. Can’t wait to mix one up. ;)

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — December 10, 2013 @ 6:32 am

These look beautiful!! Love that sorbet in there!

DessertForTwo — December 10, 2013 @ 7:01 am

I wish we could all gather in person and drink this!

Anna@CrunchyCreamySweet — December 10, 2013 @ 8:14 am

Loooove this! Gorgeous bubbly, Megan!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — December 10, 2013 @ 8:40 am

Umm love these bellini drinks and of course everyone loves the pregnant BEV! What a great drink to toast to the twins.

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — December 10, 2013 @ 10:04 am

This post is so cute :) And those mocktails… gimme!

Cookbook Queen — December 10, 2013 @ 11:14 am

So so perfect!! Love the pretty pink color.

Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch — December 10, 2013 @ 11:43 am

Oh my gosh too cute! Love your post and the bellinis! Yum!

Heather || Heather's Dish — December 10, 2013 @ 12:25 pm

This post couldn’t be any cuter, and I could not be craving a fabu bellini anymore if I tried! Beautiful!

Shaina — December 10, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

Bellinis are my favorite party drink. This one is perfect for this time of year. I love it.

Jeanne (NanaBread) — December 10, 2013 @ 1:39 pm

The raspberry puts this over the top for me. I love a fruity “pinkies up” cocktail!

Aggie — December 10, 2013 @ 4:45 pm

This post makes me SMILE! Love it! And I am also loving that bellini…alot!! Boozy for me please ;)

Thanks so much for being part of Bev’s celebration today!! xo

brandi — December 10, 2013 @ 6:09 pm

this is GORGEOUS!!! think you could mail some to me? :)

Amy @Very Culinary — December 10, 2013 @ 7:23 pm

I knew you’d make me laugh. And now I’m thirsty, too!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — December 10, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

Gah! Love the poem Megan! And these bellinis are perfect!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — December 10, 2013 @ 8:51 pm

I wish I had at least 2 or 3 of these in front of me, right now! How refreshing! pinned

Lisa [With Style & Grace] — December 10, 2013 @ 10:37 pm

So beautiful!! I’d be real happy holding a glass of this.

Amelia — December 11, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

Can’t go wrong with a bellini….and love this twist you created!! Dying to try it!

JulieD — December 11, 2013 @ 8:15 pm

I love this so much!! yay!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — December 11, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

What a gorgeous drink!!

http://google.com/ — December 12, 2013 @ 5:36 am

I think everything posted was actually very reasonable. However, what about this?
    what if you wrote a catchier title? I ain’t suggesting your content
    isn’t solid., but what if you added something to maybe
    get a person’s attention? I mean Country Cleaver Cranberry Sorbet Bellini is a little boring.
    You might look at Yahoo’s home page and note how they create article titles to get viewers to open the links.
    You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab people excited about
    what you’ve got to say. In my opinion, it could make your posts a
    little bit more interesting.

Kirsten — December 22, 2013 @ 10:27 pm

What kind of alcohol could you add? I have the sparkling wine and sorbet, would vodka or rum be good in it?

1. Pingback: Lauren's Latest » Christmas Mocktails