Top 10 Easiest Kitchen Tricks You Need To Know!

Top 10 Easiest Kitchen Tricks You Need to Know!!
Beautiful dishes don’t have to be hard. There, I said it. Simplicity is stunning and little flourishes can make every day dishes extraordinary. When I try and think about my main objectives in cooking, I want to be empowered. Trying new things can be intimidating, new is hard, new is scary – but new is empowering!!

This year I wanted to learn new things in the kitchen and started researching those little tips and tricks that make cooking fun, and make it different. If you’re new to Country Cleaver, you might need to catch up on my favorite How-To’s of the year. Of all of the ones I did, here are my top 10 favorites! Be sure to check out All of my How-To’s from 2013 and get ready for some new and exciting ones in 2014!

In all of these Top 10 How-To’s you will find out why brown butter really is better, and how to carve a chicken or turkey! Have you always loved the flavored butters at restaurants? It’s so easy to make on your own with some simple spices you already have. And roasted garlic is the end all be all of awesome. Trust me.

2014 is the year to make the kitchen your… well, you get my point.

How to Roast Garlic

How to Roast Peppers

How To Roast Peppers - www.countrycleaver.com

How to Grill a Steak without A Grill

How to Grill a Steak in a Cast Iron Pan - www.countrycleaver.com

How to Brown Butter

How To Brown Butter - www.countrycleaver.com

23 Responses to “Top 10 Easiest Kitchen Tricks You Need To Know!”

Marie @ Little Kitchie — December 30, 2013 @ 4:47 am

Great tips! I need to roast a bunch of peppers today, so I’m going to use that post! :)

• Megan replied: — December 30th, 2013 @ 7:54 am

I’m so glad that the how-to is already coming in handy Marie!! Happy new year Love!

Ali @ Inspiralized — December 30, 2013 @ 5:48 am

I love this!!! Definitely pinning.

• Megan replied: — December 30th, 2013 @ 7:52 am

Thanks Ali! Happy new year, love!!

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner — December 30, 2013 @ 7:02 am

Love this “how to” list. :) Very helpful!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — December 30, 2013 @ 7:06 am

I adore this list!!! I need to roast some garlic stat!

• Megan replied: — December 30th, 2013 @ 7:52 am

I’ve been craving it lately – I better go make more too!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — December 30, 2013 @ 7:45 am

Mastering roast chicken is definitely on my to-do list for this year! Now I have a good place to start. :)

• Megan replied: — December 30th, 2013 @ 7:51 am

Oh roasting your own chicken is one of the best dinners EVER!! You’ll love it!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — December 30, 2013 @ 9:48 am

Dude, you know I love, love, LOVE these posts!! You are so smart!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — December 30, 2013 @ 12:18 pm

I can seriously smell a chicken roasting right now. Ugh if only it were true and not my mind playing a cruel trick on me!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — December 30, 2013 @ 1:36 pm

Love that you did this Megan! Happy New Year friend! Xo

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — December 30, 2013 @ 1:52 pm

Yes definitely all tricks you need to know! Love that you have posts for them all.

Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles — December 30, 2013 @ 5:45 pm

Such a useful post!!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — December 30, 2013 @ 6:32 pm

Love all of your tips – you make it all seem so easy!! Happy New Year friend!

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — December 31, 2013 @ 7:13 am

Love all of your “How-To’s”! They are fabulous :) I still have yet to roast garlic. I’ll definitely have to do it soon because I can only imagine how amazing it is!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — December 31, 2013 @ 12:56 pm

So many great tips! Have a wonderful new years.

Layla @ Brunch Time Baker — December 31, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

Megan these are such great tips! It’s the simplest things that make everything right! Have a Happy New Year!

Shaina — January 3, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

Great round-up of tips!

Natalie @ In Natalie's Shoes — March 20, 2014 @ 2:18 pm

Nice! Thank you for putting all of these tips in one place!

1. Pingback: Bean Bytes 71