Secret Ingredient Nutella Magic Shell

It only takes two ingredients to get the perfect magic shell ice cream topping and this secret ingredient Nutella Magic Shell will totally transform your ice cream experience!

2 Ingredient Nutella Magic Shell - www.countrycleaver.com

*Don’t forget to enter to win an iPad Mini!! Have a Spooky Halloween with this treat for little tricksters!!*

Do you remember 90′s television programming? Ya know, when family’s actually sat down to watch TV together, the acting was really bad, the story lines were uber cheesy and we drank it all in as we lounged in our over sized sweatshirts, leggins and big neon night socks that had the non-stick patterns on the bottom? Oh, that was just me then? It’s cool, I’ll just sit here alone like the weirdo I am… Anyway – I TGIF’d. I fawned over Cory and Topanga (Sidebar – OMG Topanga got married!), and I swooned over surfer, van living life reject Cody from Step by Step – before I knew it was really creepy to live in a van and have a rat tail…

But what I really lived for was Saturday night TV and Dr. Quinn. So bust out your antenna TV’s friends – cause Ben and I are watching it from the beginning and I’m feeling like a kid again. I don’t even care that I could totally ride a horse better than Dr. Mike, or that I still have an old-man crush on Sully – I mean that hair, hubba! (Don’t get me started that I can throw an axe as well as him…True Story), and that really I still find Colleen to be as obnoxious now as I did then. Dang, them teenage girl hormones are biotchhh!! But what I’ve also realized – is that Ben is the reincarnate of Mr. Bray, the crotchety old store keeper. Yeah, I said it – my husband is an old man, Old Man Keno.
2 Ingredient Nutella Magic Shell - www.countrycleaver.com

We just watched and episode where Brian and Mr. Bray each run away from home for totally different reason – Brian is afraid of girls and puberty, and Loren Bray is afraid of getting old and keeling over. Well they end up in the same old tree, running away from the same old bear, and Brian starts acting like Brian and asking question – about girls. Ewww, girls. Am I right? What makes us happy? What are we thinking? Blah Blah Blah… Poor men.

2 Ingredient Nutella Magic Shell - www.countrycleaver.com

Loren tells Brian that you gotta do nice things for your woman every once in a while. Get her a small gift, something practical  to show her you appreciate her. … like a broom.  *Pause* A what???

And as soon as those words were spoken Ben LIT UP!! He looked at me, like a he just won his fantasy football league, “See, I can get you a new broom! You’d like that!”

At that moment my body couldn’t decide whether it wanted to roll it’s eyes into the back of it’s skull or punch him in the jugular simultaneously… A Broom? LOL. Nope.

Would SULLY ever give Dr. Mike a BROOM? No! (Bold, underlined and Italicized means this is serious, people.) He’d whisk her into his arms, take her to some distant ridge top to watch the hawks and pick her wild flowers for her hair and fashion her some new saddle bag with his own two hands from a deer he killed himself. Now THAT’s a token of appreciation. So, nice try hunny – but a broom just isn’t gonna cut it!

Moral of the story men – Be more Sully than Mr. Bray. And if fashioning your woman her own dead dear bag isn’t in the cards – make her some Nutella Magic Shell. I mean, seriously you can never go wrong with chocolate. And even you dear men, can’t screw this one up.

2 Ingredient Nutella Magic Shell - www.countrycleaver.com

Need more Nutella Treats? Try these other favorites!

Nutella Cocoa Krispie Treats

Nutella-Cocoa-Krispie-Treats

Chewy Nutella Cookies

Chewy-Nutella-Cookies-www.countrycleaver.com_

Nutella Magic Shell

Yield: 6 ounces

Cook Time: 1 Minute

Total Time: 5 Minuttes

1/2 cup Nutella
1/3 cup Coconut Oil

In a small, microwave safe bowl, add in Nutella and Coconut oil. Place in microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the coconut oil is melted. Sti together until the mix becomes smooth. Serve over ice cream and let rest so it will harden.
Store in an air tight container in the cupboard. If hard, place in microwave again to soften and then serve as usual.

28 Responses to “Secret Ingredient Nutella Magic Shell”

Carrian — October 28, 2013 @ 6:48 am

This is amazing! Great post!

bridget {bake at 350} — October 28, 2013 @ 6:50 am

This is so fun! I want a Nutella bowl for EVERYTHING!

Becki @ Bites 'n Brews — October 28, 2013 @ 7:30 am

This post made me so happy!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — October 28, 2013 @ 8:05 am

I love how easy this is! Can’t wait to try!!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — October 28, 2013 @ 8:43 am

Who knew it was coconut oil! I just love this oil and it can be used for so many things.

Kathryn — October 28, 2013 @ 9:20 am

I want this!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — October 28, 2013 @ 9:56 am

Can only imagine how good this is! I put a PB magic shell in my book and love it – but have never tried with Nutella. Pinned!

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com — October 28, 2013 @ 11:24 am

Oh wow – what an awesome idea! Love this!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Speaking of 90′s tv – we watched a movie, beetlejuice from the 90′s and my daughter and I were cracking up at the special effects that scared me back in the day :)

Kari@Loaves n Dishes — October 28, 2013 @ 12:07 pm

As a lover of both chocolate dipped cones and Nutella, I am a lover of this! I’m also a lover of the Nutella cereal treats, which are going on my Cereal Treats Pin board!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — October 28, 2013 @ 12:38 pm

This is amazing, Megan!! I want to swim around in this magic shell!!

Kristi — October 28, 2013 @ 12:41 pm

You just made my day! I’m going to make this tonight.

Lauren at Keep It Sweet — October 28, 2013 @ 2:03 pm

Oh how I wish that TGIF would come back!!! Haha, I’d be happy to stay in and watch corny TV every Friday night now:-)

HeatherChristo — October 28, 2013 @ 2:08 pm

SO COOL!!!! WHo knew that all it takes for magic shell is adding some coconut oil!! I am totally making this for my girls.

Des — October 28, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

I love this!!! I love that you use coconut oil instead of shortening. You should come make me some :)

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — October 28, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

Oh my goodness, yes. Boy Meets World was on after Family Matters which I loved!

I want to make this shell and eat it all! YUM!

Gaby — October 28, 2013 @ 5:33 pm

Must make this immediately and have it over a big bowl of ice cream!

Tieghan — October 28, 2013 @ 7:40 pm

Have to make this as soon as humanly possible! Great post! Now I need ice cream!

deloom — October 28, 2013 @ 7:51 pm

I want to go to there… lol This looks scrumptious!!! Thank you for sharing! <3

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — October 28, 2013 @ 8:53 pm

I really want to run to the store and buy a huge carton of ice cream just so I can make this magic shell.

Miss — October 29, 2013 @ 4:58 am

I crave Nutella everyday and I will absolutely love pouring it over ice cream! Love this!!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — October 29, 2013 @ 4:22 pm

Seriously? I’m done for.

Courtney @ Neighborfood — October 29, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

Dr. Quinn was THE BEST! How could you not love Sully? (Even as a 15 year old I loved Sully…weird). But seriously, this makes me want to grab a giant bowl of ice cream, whip up some Nutella magic shell, and watch every episode again!

Paula - bell'alimento — October 29, 2013 @ 6:12 pm

Say wha? Want. Now.

Nutmeg Nanny — November 5, 2013 @ 2:45 pm

Wow, how have I been living without this recipe?! Thank you!!

Laura — March 27, 2014 @ 10:13 am

Has anyone used this Magic Shell on strawberries? We love eating plain nutella on strawberries, but I’d like to put these out on a buffet as a dessert at a party I’m having. I assume the magic shell will harden if I put the dipped strawberries in the fridge? Thanks!

• Megan replied: — March 27th, 2014 @ 11:10 am

Yup, on chilled strawberries this should work! Let me know how they turn out!

1. Pingback: National Nutella Day Recipes | OAMC from Once A Month Meals