Philly Cheesesteak Nachos

Take these nachos to your next game day function and you’ll be the MVP of Game day snacking! These Philly Cheesesteak Nachos are packed with beef, caramelized onions, green peppers and sauce, just like the real deal!

Philly Cheesesteak Nachos - www.countrycleaver.com

Football season is here! I think that every year Ben and I are together I get a little more into fall and football season. And it really helps when your two favorite football teams are totally kicking ass and taking names. Oh, I’m a die hard Washington State Cougar (Go Cougs!) and life long Seahawks fan. Just an fyi.

I mean sure, it’s still the first couple of weeks of the official NFL season, but I am so stoked for the rest of this year and what’s to come. Seattle is no longer the fat nerdy kid of the NFL, the one who never gets asked to dances and the one that never gets the girl…Well, hey girl, it’s on this year. I can feel it. And did you hear that we broke the WORLD RECORD for loudest stadium? Yeah, last weekend the 12th man was out in force and shattered the world record. We in Seattle take things very seriously – like our football, our futball (Sounders FC), and our coffee. Beer, too. We like beer. And snacks. And you can’t have a football game without copious amounts of snacks.

Exhibit A…

IMG_5070

Exhibit B…

IMG_5074

Exhibit….okay, how many more exhibits do you need? Clearly, you need to just make these.

IMG_5087

Need more Football Food inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board dedicated to all of your favorite football foods! Or try any of these below!

Margarita Shrimp Nachos

Margarita-Shrimp-Nachos-www.countrycleaver.com_

Beer Battered Cheese Curds

IMG_5244

Philly Cheesesteak Nachos

Yield: 4 servings

1/2 bag or big pile of Corn Tortilla Chips
2 cups good quality deli Roast Beef sliced lunch meat, chopped
1 Green Pepper, sliced or diced
1 Onion, sliced
2 Tbsp Butter
1 cup Cheese Whiz or 2 cups Shredded Provolone Cheese (traditional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat. When melted, add in sliced onions and caramelize, stirring frequently and reducing down until they are deep and golden brown. Remove from stove and cool. Into same saute pan, add in green peppers and warm until they are softened - about 3-4 minutes. Stir freqnetly. Remove from stove.
Layer nachos, and top with green peppers, onions, and roast beef. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes to warm through.
Top with Cheese Whiz or shredded Provolone for a more authentic cheese steak experience. (Cheese Whiz is also authentic, but most people think of Provolone with a Cheesesteak...)

26 Responses to “Philly Cheesesteak Nachos”

Tieghan — September 18, 2013 @ 6:47 am

These are AWESOME!! So amazing! I have been thinking nachos. Beefy nachos and then bam! Here they are. So awesome!

Karly — September 18, 2013 @ 7:17 am

I think philly cheesesteak recipes are going to be the next big thing…kinda like buffalo chicken was (still is?). I’m totally happy to jump on board and stuff my face with these nachos!

Courtney @ Neighborfood — September 18, 2013 @ 7:37 am

Oh just stop yourself with this. Can’t even deal with that pile of delicious. Pinning to my tailgating board to save for later!

steph@stephsbitebybite — September 18, 2013 @ 7:51 am

Send for help, because I won’t be able to stop eating these!!!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — September 18, 2013 @ 8:20 am

Born and raised in Philly – and I must say – I am so impressed!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — September 18, 2013 @ 8:55 am

These nachos are a staple for a hungry football loving crowd.

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — September 18, 2013 @ 9:07 am

oh my lordy…I need these. Id probably inhale all of it. No sharing over here!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — September 18, 2013 @ 10:25 am

You are my hero!! I’ll take a truck load of these, please?

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — September 18, 2013 @ 10:25 am

I’ve been craving nachos for no joke… WEEKS. You’re killing me!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — September 18, 2013 @ 11:44 am

Lately I’ve been wanting a philly cheesesteak sandwich. Might have to step it up a notch and made nachos instead.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — September 18, 2013 @ 1:40 pm

OH GOD YES. I want a huge plate full of these now!

Kelli H (Made in Sonoma) — September 18, 2013 @ 1:42 pm

These look delicious!!
    The seakhawk stadium is so ridiculously loud! It’s hard to watch a game when the niner’s play there because we can’t hear anything from our team. Make’s it no fun. :( Your guys played very well on Sunday and sadly kicked our asses. Hopefully we’ll beat the seahawks when they aren’t on their own soil! ;)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — September 18, 2013 @ 1:46 pm

This is so so SO football food. Fabulous idea!

Erika — September 18, 2013 @ 1:51 pm

Have Mercy!!! That’s all I can say!!

Des — September 18, 2013 @ 4:11 pm

Ohhh my I love Philly Cheesesteak Nachos!! Yours look fantastic. Between this and the football food I’ve been making lately I say we get together, make a bunch of food and root for our Hawks one of these Sundays! :)

Julie @ Table for Two — September 18, 2013 @ 4:24 pm

wow! this is definitely perfect for football season!! gimme!!

Gaby — September 18, 2013 @ 7:31 pm

Got to have a huge plate of these!!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — September 18, 2013 @ 9:29 pm

Perfect fooootball food! Love this Philly Cheesesteak take on nachos, girl. And, your Margarita Shrimp Nachos and Beer Battered Cheese Curds with dipping sauce? Destined to become legendary!

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — September 19, 2013 @ 4:52 am

As a Philadelphian, I always have a hard time when people declare things as philly cheesesteak, since they almost never seem to measure up to what I can get down in South Philly. However, I am so, so impressed here. I mean, you even used Wiz. That is serious. :)

• Megan replied: — September 19th, 2013 @ 5:04 am

That’s the best compliment ever, Kim!! Whew, I am so relieved! I was TERRIFIED to incur the wrath of some Philadelphian who would tell me what shame I brought to the cheese steak’s good name! Hahah SO glad I have a true Philadelphian’s stamp of approval!

DessertForTwo — September 19, 2013 @ 5:33 am

Ok, I want nachos for breakfast. Look at what you do to me! :)

Shashi — September 19, 2013 @ 6:59 am

These nachos look extremely droolworthy!

Niki — September 20, 2013 @ 7:54 am

Love your blog! LOVE the Seahawks!!!!!!!!! Been a fan since they day the team started! Love the Cougs too…..us WA people have to stick together and SCREAM for our teams! And they thought the Kingdome was loud…..thanks for the inspiring nacho’s….they shall make an appearance soon. GO HAWKS!

Amelia — September 23, 2013 @ 2:29 pm

I better not show these to my husband or he’ll be requesting them every weekend of football season! Yum!!

• Megan replied: — September 24th, 2013 @ 7:43 am

Ohhh your husband will love these nachos! And I swear you will too. I devoured my own pile of them and had to smack my husband’s hand away when he tried to steal some of mine!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — September 29, 2013 @ 9:52 pm

These nachos are amazeballs Megan!! I want these ASAP!