Trail Mix Greek Yogurt Parfaits

This trail mix greek yogurt parfaits are perfect for every day breakfasts or your camping retreat! Making your trail mix multi-task in this morning parfait.

Trail Mix and Honey Breakfast Parfaits - www.countrycleaver.com

Who’s going camping this weekend? It’s Labor Day weekend and time for one last hurrah in the woods before schools are back in, lunches need to be packed and fantasy football officially takes men away from their wives for hours and hours at a time… Looking at you, BEN!! Well, this week I’m celebrating this last hurrah of summer and we’re getting down to business with glam camp food and super simple camp side fare that takes minimal prep work and is super fun – so you can get back to camping and no scrubbing pots and pans. It’s vacation after all!

Monday we started the week with this Tomato Bell Pepper and Egg Skillet. It was a huge hit with the family and it has eggs and bread for dipping. What part of that isn’t a winner? I have another one here for you, too!

Trail Mix and Honey Breakfast Parfaits

I can’t get enough trail mix – and I always have a bag full of it at my desk at work. Usually it’s the fruit laden variety and minimal peanuts. It’s a filler legume. Gimme the seeds, the raisins, the pineapple and almonds!  The other thing I always have at my desk or in our cooler camping is yogurt – especially greek yogurt. To get through a day at the office or a long morning hike, my choice is always Chobani. For these parfaits, I kept it simple with vanilla greek yogurt – but change it up with some of their new coconut, or even the tried and true passionfruit yogurt! It’s super handy to keep a few individual cups of ‘Cho in your cooler for the weekend, and toss a couple handfuls of trail mix on top.

This weekend, with Ben and I off to mountains far from home, there will be one or two of these in our picnic to refuel post-hike. But where are we going? We’ll keep you posted – keep track of our adventures on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Trust me, it’s gonna be so much fun, and uber romantic! What I will tell you – is that we’re redo-ing our first anniversary and hopefully it won’t involve an emergency room this time around… Or horses.

Pack up your packs kids – let’s get going!

Trail Mix and Honey Breakfast Parfaits

Trail Mix Greek Yogurt Parfaits

2 6oz. Cups Greek Yogurt, Vanilla or flavor of choice
2 Tsp Honey
½ cup Trail Mix

Stir yogurts until smooth, top each yogurt with ¼ cup of trail mix and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon of honey. Consume immediately.

15 Responses to “Trail Mix Greek Yogurt Parfaits”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — August 28, 2013 @ 4:50 am

I’m a huge fan of trail mix too! This recipe is lovely. So simple and totally tasty looking!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — August 28, 2013 @ 5:01 am

Love this idea for camping!! I also love it for my kitchen right now. :)

Tieghan — August 28, 2013 @ 5:04 am

Have fun this weekend!! I am so jealous!! And I mean seriously, you eat the best camping food there is! When I was younger, it was PB &J and hot dogs oh and chips! So healthy, right? Yeah no!
    This looks awesome and I love yogurt and trail mix. Perfect camping snack!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — August 28, 2013 @ 5:30 am

Have fun up in the mountains with Ben this holiday weekend, Megan! I need this for breakfast…right NOW! Mmmm. Thanks for sharing, girl!

steph@stephsbitebybite — August 28, 2013 @ 5:56 am

Breakfast doesn’t get much easier than this!! So ready to use my yogurt containers for this!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — August 28, 2013 @ 5:59 am

I’m such a trail mix fiend and parfait fiend. HELLO why haven’t I pieced these two loves together yet? So simple, but so tasty! Done deal. (I might pretend I’m camping in the AC while I eat these…)

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — August 28, 2013 @ 6:23 am

I’m doing the yoghurt thing for breakfast most mornings now and this looks duuu-lishus!!!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — August 28, 2013 @ 7:47 am

With the start of a new school year, I need breakfasts that really keep me going – and this looks perfect!

Chobani — August 28, 2013 @ 7:56 am

Gorgeous, Megan! Definitely doing that this weekend on my 3 day camping trip. :)

Thanks for sharing…enjoy your trip!

Amy @ Chobani

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — August 28, 2013 @ 11:12 am

Yay for camping trips! I am so excited for your adventures! And I love Chobani! I eat oatmeal smoothies every morning with a dollop of their Greek yogurt on top:)

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 28, 2013 @ 12:09 pm

i’m eyeing those nuts like no bodies business. love that first shot!

DessertForTwo — August 28, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

You’re so adorable. I hope y’all have a blast! xo

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — August 29, 2013 @ 7:54 am

Now THIS is my kind of stuff! Yum.

Nutmeg Nanny — August 30, 2013 @ 8:08 pm

Greek yogurt is my new favorite thing :) this parfait looks wonderful!

1. Pingback: Country Cleaver Caramel Banana and Doughnuts » Country Cleaver