Spicy Thai Cheese Ball

Spicy Thai Cheese Ball - www.countrycleaver.com

Put on your pants suit, turn on some Golden Girls and let’s hang out on the lenai friends, cause we’re celebrating all the wonder that is the highlight of 80′s entertaining with the CHEESEBALL, to celebrate National Cheeseball Day! You can’t deny that there are some funky food holidays out there, but cheeseball day has to top my favorites for deliciously hoaky holidays. Hoak makes the world a better place. And this isn’t just your regular hoaky ball of cheese – this spicy thai cheese ball is fresh, it’s flavorful and it’s got some heat behind it! Best of all, the high quality Cracker Barrel Jalapeno cheese packs a punch and the cilantro, lime, shallot and mint livens up there joint for a serious flavor tango.

Spicy Thai Cheese Ball - www.countrycleaver.comAnd once you roll the whole thing in chopped up peanuts and served it with some lime spritzed tortilla chips – the whole scene is set.

Some of my favorite memories from my childhood go back to the evenings spent with my grandma watching Jeopardy, and devouring a red wine and cheddar cheese ball classic. (Although I’m just realizing now that a 4 year old eating a redwine and cheeseball is probably not the most wise choice of appetizer on the planet…) And all those years later I am so glad to have those memories and be able to recreate my favorite cheesy snacks with Cracker Barrel‘s high quality and award winning cheeses. Just like the cheeseball has a history in entertaining, Cracker Barrel has a long history in cheddar with heirloom cheese cultures that have been passed down for generations keeping the Cracker Barrel your mom or grandma knew, the same Cracker Barrel you enjoy today! Spicy Thai Cheese Ball - www.countrycleaver.com

You can find all your favorite award winning Cracker Barrel cheese flavors in your local store and whip up your own new-classic cheeseball for the occasion.

What are your favorite cheese add-ins?

White cheddar and cranberry? Buffalo Cheddar? Italian herbs? Or peppers galore? Pick up a brick of Cracker Barrel today and get your cheese ball on!

Spicy Thai Cheese Ball

Yield: 1 ½ cup Cheese Ball

Cook Time: 10 MInutes

Total Time: 20 Minutes + Chill Time

4 ounces Cracker Barrel Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese, shredded
4 ounces Cracker Barrel Vermont White Cheddar, shredded
4 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup Cilantro
¼ cup Carrot, shredded
1 tsp Lime Zest
¼ Tbsp Shallots or Red Onion, minced
3 Leaves Mint
1 clove Garlic
½ cup Peanuts, roughly chopped for coating

In a food processor, add in cheeses and pulse to combine. Add in remaining ingredients, except peanuts, and pulse to combine until nearly smooth. Pour cheese onto a double layer of plastic wrap. Gather all the ends of the twist them together to tighten the cheese mixture into a ball. Place in fridge for 20-30 minutes to begin to set. Once it begins to set, unwrap from plastic and roll into chopped peanuts. Serve immediately or wrap into a new layer of plastic wrap until ready to serve.
Serve with lime sprtized tortilla chips or crackers and additional lime.

*Fine Print* I was chosen to partner with Cracker Barrel Cheese and Kraft Foods as a brand Influencer. I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own.

31 Responses to “Spicy Thai Cheese Ball”

Kathryn — April 17, 2013 @ 4:31 am

This may be my showing my Englishness here but what exactly is a cheese ball? Is it, as it sounds, a ball of cheese? How does one eat it? I’m intrigued!

• Megan replied: — April 17th, 2013 @ 7:16 am

Yup – pretty much exactly what it sounds like. It is a ball of softened and mostly spreadable cheese. Why they put it in ball form all those years ago, I will never know… But you take a knife and get a good amount of cheese on it and spread it on a cracker and devour. I love this one with the lime-flavored tortilla chips, but any cracker or bread will do. :) I love that your Englishness is showing haha

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 17, 2013 @ 5:35 am

I feel like such an outsider having never had any Thai food. I’ll change that eventually, I swear. Until then… back to the Golden Girls reruns ;)

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — April 17, 2013 @ 5:39 am

Oh my gosh what an awesome cheeseball flavor!

Tieghan — April 17, 2013 @ 5:48 am

Spicy Thai!! That is my kind of cheese ball. Seriously, I am all over Thai flavors lately and this looks and sounds killer!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — April 17, 2013 @ 5:49 am

Wow! I love ANYTHING Thai-inspired, and this is such a creative way to use those flavors! As far as cheese add-ins go, I have to say my favorite is one you mentioned: peppers galore!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — April 17, 2013 @ 5:52 am

Oh MEGAN! I want to come dive into this with you and watch Golden Girls! :)

Cassie | Bake Your Day — April 17, 2013 @ 6:13 am

I could not love this any more. Great idea, Megan!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — April 17, 2013 @ 6:16 am

When I was younger, I considered Cracker Barrel the James Beard restaurant of my dreams. You’ve combined that cheese of my youth together with the favorite Thai spices of my (semi?) grownup pallet and created something irresistible!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — April 17, 2013 @ 6:32 am

Shuuuuuuuuuuuut. it.

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — April 17, 2013 @ 7:17 am

Heck YES to the cheeseball! Totally making this and settling into a Golden Girls marathon. :)

Leah | So, How's It Taste? — April 17, 2013 @ 7:25 am

I used to love the Golden Girls! I’d stay up late school nights watching the reruns, lol! And I love cheeseballs! Absolutely making this!

Cathy Pollak @ Noble Pig — April 17, 2013 @ 7:26 am

I think this the prettiest cheeseball I’ve ever seen! I love that there is mint in here!!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 17, 2013 @ 8:01 am

Such an awesome idea, Megan! This looks so delish and perfect for dipping!

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — April 17, 2013 @ 8:18 am

I hope you’re not implying that cheesballs are out of style, cuz I love ‘em!! This looks like something that needs to be in my life, because I have a thing for Thai food. Gorgeous!

• Megan replied: — April 17th, 2013 @ 10:11 am

Cheese balls, like the 80′s will always be awesome!! haha

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — April 17, 2013 @ 9:09 am

I will be right over with my black stretchy pants! Same me some CHEESE!

SaltySweetSour — April 17, 2013 @ 10:35 am

I apparently missed out on this whole National Cheeseball Day thing and I’m more than a little upset about it. Looks delicious!

Jennifer @ Mother Thyme — April 17, 2013 @ 11:28 am

Golden Girls and a cheeseball, I am so in! Loving these flavors!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — April 17, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

I am totally digging your ball. Wait. That doesn’t sound right. I totally want to dip a chip in your ball. Nope. That didn’t sound right either. Okay, this looks delish. Sign me up!

Brooks — April 17, 2013 @ 3:00 pm

Megan, I clicked straight over after seeing Nanabread’s tweet. My word, this has my name written all over it. All the classic Thai flavors are represented…can’t wait to play ball!

Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats — April 17, 2013 @ 5:06 pm

cheese. and thai flavors. oh my goodness! this sounds incredible!

Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel — April 17, 2013 @ 7:43 pm

OMG! This sounds absolutely amazing!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — April 18, 2013 @ 7:48 am

Perfect appetizer!! I love the Thai flavors here, Megan :)

Carla @ Carlas Confections — April 18, 2013 @ 8:28 am

Yum this looks so perfect!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — April 18, 2013 @ 8:06 pm

I have never once tried a cheese ball in my life but thats gonna change with this recipe!

Nutmeg Nanny — April 19, 2013 @ 6:16 am

That cheeseball looks terrific :) spicy thai sounds incredible!

Karly — May 3, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

Okay, so I just had this memory of you mentioning a thai cheeseball on twitter a couple of weeks ago and had to come hunt this down. OMG. I think I need to lay down. This looks totally amazing.

Can I just stick it on the end of my finger like my kids do with black olives? I could totally fit the whole thing in my mouth at once. I’m sure of it.

Des @ Life's Ambrosia — May 14, 2013 @ 10:12 pm

OK seriously, I am in love with this! I must admit that I’ve never tried crackle barrel cheese. I’ve always been a Tillamook girl, maybe I’ll try it though :)

1. Pingback: Country Cleaver 30-Minute Chili Cheese Fries » Country Cleaver

2. Pingback: Ideas For Your Party - Cheese Ball Recipes | Favorite Food RecipesFavorite Food Recipes