Smoked Salmon Crostini for Julie’s Virtual Bridal Shower

RaSurprise Bridal Shower for Julie BADGE

Daa duh duhdahhh, Da duh Datttahhh!!! That’s supposed to be the wedding march. Somehow it doesn’t translate very well over the internet does it?  But that’s okay, because we’re not here to quibble over typing out wedding marches, we’re here to CELEBRATE!!

What pray-tell are we celebrating? Well, JULIE’S SURPRISE WEDDING SHOWER!!

Smoked Salmon Crostini - www.countrycleaver.com

I’m a terrible secret keeper and how this managed to stay a secret as long as it has is beyond me – but when its for someone as awesome-sauce as Julie, I had to work super hard to keep this bridal shower under wraps. But finally it’s here.

IMG_1936

I’ve been so lucky to not only know Julie through blogging, but we’ve become real life friends spending time together here in Seattle and back in DC.  Last year when I was getting ready to get hitched, Julie surprised the heck out of me by planning my surprise bridal shower, and I was more than excited to return the favor today.

When it comes to bridal showers and events, I’m a bit of a one trick pony – I do desserts or dips. That’s kinda where it ends for me. But when you’re at a party, you need small, tasty and easy to eat. Desserts and dips are right in that category – so this PNW inspired Smoked Salmon dip was what needed to be actioned. I know that Julie would approve.

Smoked Salmon Crostini - www.countrycleaver.com

So I hope that you’ll join me and the rest of our blogging contingent, and some of our best food blogging friends to wish Julie well on this new and exhilarating chapter of her and Jason’s life together.

We love you Julie and wish you all the best and happiness in the world!

Rachel Cooks – Cappuccino Mouse Cups

Bake Your Day – Confetti Popcorn

Dinners Dishes and Desserts – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake

Chip Chip Hooray – Butterscotch Biscoff Chunk Blondies

Gimme Some Oven – Chicken Enchilada Cups

Climbing Grier Mountain – Vanilla Cupcakes with Purple Buttercream Frosting

Baked by Rachel – Chocolate Eclairs with White Chocolate Drizzle

London Bakes – Spring Onion Quiche

Carla’s Confections – Blueberry Bliss Cocktails

Realistic Nutritionist – Chicken Salad Crostinis

For my Smoked Salmon Crostini Recipe click “Read More” to expand this post!

Smoked Salmon Crostini

1 Tbsp White Wine
½ tsp Pepper
1 ½ Tbsp Parsley or Chives
Crostini:
1 loaf Baguette, sliced
¼ cup Olive Oil

In food processor, add 4 ounces of smoked salmon and all other ingredients. Pulse to combine, about 5 pulses or so. Transfer to a small bowl and fold in remaining 2 ounces of smoked salmon. Place in fridge to allow flavors to combine.

Turn oven to broil. Drizzle slices of baguette with olive oil. Place slices onto a baking sheet and place under broiler to toast until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.

When ready to serve crostini, spread dip onto each slice or garnish bowl with additional shallots and parsley.

Adapted from Martha Stewart Smoked Salmon Dip

23 Responses to “Smoked Salmon Crostini for Julie’s Virtual Bridal Shower”

DessertForTwo — April 1, 2013 @ 5:33 am

Yum! I want these for lunch today!

PS is this comment center-spaced? ;)

Julie @ Table for Two — April 1, 2013 @ 5:34 am

My heart is exploding right now. I’m so thrilled to have met you in real life and be REAL LIFE FRIENDS and to actually visit each other and everything. I’m so blessed to have you in my life and you’re so right – I’d gobble up this crostini in a heartbeat!! Love you and thank you so so much!!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — April 1, 2013 @ 5:46 am

Love it! It’s good to have someone bring the savory appetizers. ;) Thanks for organizing this, Megan!!

Tieghan — April 1, 2013 @ 5:53 am

I am on a HUGE seafood kick lately. I am posting seafood at least once a week lately, but I have never had smoked salmon!! I know, this is crazy! I need to make this!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 1, 2013 @ 6:12 am

Desserts and dips are SO completely necessary for showers and parties! BTW can’t wait to see you again in May!

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough — April 1, 2013 @ 6:38 am

Girl, you is genius. Making this ASAP!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — April 1, 2013 @ 6:39 am

YUMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — April 1, 2013 @ 6:49 am

Yessss! I am so pumped about this salmon recipe! Seriously, thank you for organizing the shower! #fistpump

Carla @ Carlas Confections — April 1, 2013 @ 7:51 am

Can I have that whole bowl right now? Even though its not even 8 in the morning? Please and thank you! ;) And thank you for organizing this celebratory day! So fun to be a part of! Xoxo

katie — April 1, 2013 @ 7:51 am

Yah!! Congrats Julie!!! This crostini looks like the ideal bridal shower food!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — April 1, 2013 @ 7:56 am

So sweet! I love this idea! And this crostini… if this is your one trick, will you come to all my parties?!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — April 1, 2013 @ 11:30 am

This is perfect finger food right here! Congrats Julie on your upcoming wedding!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 1, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

Oh, super yum! These look so delicious and elegant, Megan! Such a nice choice to honor Julie’s wedding month.

Cassie | Bake Your Day — April 1, 2013 @ 4:16 pm

These are amazing girl! Great job organizing the shower, I’m so glad she was surprised!!

ashley - baker by nature — April 1, 2013 @ 5:19 pm

Yay! So happy you guys did this for the lovely Julie! These little crostini’s are PERFECT! I want a whole plate for dinner!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — April 1, 2013 @ 7:21 pm

Gorgeous – love this for a small bite to have at a party!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — April 1, 2013 @ 7:57 pm

Your crostini looks so beautiful! I love it!!! :)

Thanks for organizing such a great shower!

Linda | The Urban Mrs — April 2, 2013 @ 11:32 am

Awww you both are so sweet. I adore your friendship and love reading both blogs. Smoked salmon crostini? Dying to try these now!

Nutmeg Nanny — April 2, 2013 @ 7:13 pm

This looks so tasty :) perfect for an event like this

Kathryn — April 5, 2013 @ 3:30 am

Thank you for organising this shin-dig Megan! Your crostini look like the perfect party food.

1. Pingback: Cappuccino Mousse Cups - Rachel Cooks