Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel - www.countrycleaver.com

You guys. I mean, YOU. GUYS. Look at this! This is the thing breakfast dreams are made of. Man food to the max and totally packed with flavor this is what you need to have in your life. These smoked salmon breakfast bagels are just pure magic. Ben and I have been having these for the last four weekends in a row. I took instagram photos of them weeks ago and said I’d put them up, then I ate them. Then the next time I made them, the lighting wasn’t “good enough”, so I ate ‘em and gave up on taking purdy photos. I finally had to make these one last time to get legit photos out of them before…you guessed it – I ate ‘em. And I reveled in it, cream cheese everywhere, smoked salmon falling out the side of my face. Blisssss!!

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel - www.countrycleaver.com

Also, on an unrelated note - we women are weird creatures. We miss out husband when they’re busy and not around, but the first day that they are done with nursing school for the spring quarter and they have time on their hands – they start bugging the ever loving daylights out of you!  No? Just me.

Today, Ben actually texted me. TEXTED me. He never texts me. Ever.

Unless its “what are we having for dinner?”.

Today it was 30 text messages (no, I mean 30 – literally) starting with telling me that he ate my $40 box of Vosges chocolate and hated them so he spit them all out. Ahhh! I almost reached through the phone to strangle him Homer Simpson-style.  Then it was bragging them he slept in until 9:30 this morning. His 9:30 to my 4:45 wakeup call filled me with rageaholic rage and uber amounts of jealousy. Thennnn,  just in time for me to go into an afternoon meeting he sent me the remaining 23 text messages so he could perform a “Is your Phone off at work test” and see if the ringer on my phone was on while I was in the office.

His excuse for all this? “Now that I have free time I can bug you at work”.

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel - www.countrycleaver.com

No matter how play-mad I wanted to be – I totally adored it. Mostly I’m relieved that he survived the quarter. I’m also relieved he still hasn’t lost his sense of humor, because this quarter of nursing school was Buh Rue TALLLL.

To help him celebrate his much deserved spring break and passing all his classes, we’re heading up to the mountains for a weekend of eating, snow, beer, shopping and more beer. The friends will all be together and Oompa-pa-ing in Leavenworth, Washington. Ain’t nothing like a little Bavarian village to get you in the beer swilling mood!

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel - www.countrycleaver.com

Hooray Beer. And hooray for a husband you can actually spend some time with before he goes back into his cave for another quarter of never-to-be-heard-from-again silence and studying.

I’m gong to relish this next week and enjoy the heck out of his random text messages, I just know it.

And you? You should relish one of these breakfast bagels. Ferrr real son!

Have you ever had a really good smoked salmon? Like, REALLY good? I know, it’s hard to come by isn’t it? We are spoiled up here in the great Pacific Northwest with a plethora of seafood at our disposal. Salmon is our staple, we love it to no end. And in Alaska, they love their salmon too. More than us. Hard to do, but its true. This breakfast bagel is topped with smoked Copper River Salmon that is to die for. It is so full of wonderful omega-3′s and extra fat that the salmon stock up on to make their journey up the 300 mile long river, so the fish are extra rich. It quite possibly makes the BEST smoked salmon you’ll ever eat. I flaked it off and topped it on this bagel. You just can’t go wrong.

Check out more about Copper River Salmon and my trip up to Cordova here. And learn all you can about the gorgeous Copper River Delta and the salmon who call it home here.

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel - www.countrycleaver.com

Check out these other salmon recipes

Grilled Salmon Soft Tacos

Copper River Salmon Burgers and Healthified Coleslaw

Salmon Ceviche

Salmonkopita

Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagels

2 Bagels, sliced and toasted
2 Eggs, scrambled
1 Tomato, thinly sliced
Sliced Red Onion
½ cup Cream Cheese, softened
1 tsp Dill, minced
⅔ cup Smoked Salmon, flaked

Slice and toast bagels until golden brown.

In medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook scrambled eggs until just done. Remove from heat. Set aside momentarily.

Spread softened cream cheese over the bottom half of the toasted bagel. Top cream cheese with scrambled egg, sliced tomato, red onion, smoked salmon and dill. Top with top of toasted bagel. Serve immediately.

*Fine Print* I was given a few jars of Copper River Smoked Salmon when I was part of the CRS Fresh Catch Crew. I was not compensated for this post or for my trip to Cordova, but I was flown up to Alaska on their dime. How generous of them.

30 Responses to “Smoked Salmon Breakfast Bagel”

Jen @JuanitasCocina — March 22, 2013 @ 4:59 am

Yeah…I was going to tell you about how interesting all of my work texts are, but I’m too distracted by this sandwich.

Laurie {SimplyScratch} — March 22, 2013 @ 5:28 am

This breakfast sammie rules. Totally a smoked salmon fan here and put it on a bagel with a eggs and fresh dill sounds pretty darn amazing!

Cookin Canuck — March 22, 2013 @ 5:43 am

This will truly be in my dreams tonight. What an amazing breakfast! I adore the oom-pah-pah-ness of Leavenworth. Have fun and raise a pint for me!

Tieghan — March 22, 2013 @ 6:04 am

This looks AMAZING! Your photo’s are awesome! I love a good breakfast sammie!

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl — March 22, 2013 @ 6:30 am

This is my favorite breakfast on the planet!!!!!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — March 22, 2013 @ 6:31 am

I’ll just do a face plant right into that sammy. This is outa-this-world-amazing!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — March 22, 2013 @ 7:08 am

Ohhhh good grief, yaaaaa.

Heidi @foodiecrush — March 22, 2013 @ 7:27 am

This is my go to when we head to the bagel shop for breakfast, but I always add capers to the bite. I am a picklehead, I can’t help it. Congrats to Ben for getting through school and congrats to you for dealing with him. Have a great beer filled weekend!

Julia — March 22, 2013 @ 7:38 am

Wow this breakfast sandwich looks amazing! The photos are beautiful.

Julia {The Roasted Root} — March 22, 2013 @ 7:39 am

Smoked salmon bagel!!!! I want this funky fresh bagel on my plate every day…to relish slowly with coffee!! mmmm! Have a fun weekend, Megan!

Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — March 22, 2013 @ 7:40 am

This just might be my new favorite as well.

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — March 22, 2013 @ 7:45 am

I haven’t had a bagel in foreverrrrr not even joking. Its sadly probably been sometime last year or longer? I don’t even know but man I want one now. Load it up!

Jackie @ Domestic Fits — March 22, 2013 @ 9:25 am

I totally want to meet Ben! I think him and my hubs would get along great. Sooooome day, when we FINALLY move to Seattle…

Marie @ Little Kitchie — March 22, 2013 @ 11:58 am

TOTALLY the breakfast dreams are made of – could eat this every morning! Wouldn’t that be nice :)

Erika @ The Hopeless Housewife — March 22, 2013 @ 12:51 pm

This is my kind of breakfast! Gorgeous photos too.

Julie @ Table for Two — March 22, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

good gosh, girl. this looks AMAZING and it’s totally what i dream of every morning. next time i’m in seattle, please make this for me?? mmm!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — March 22, 2013 @ 3:21 pm

Honestly… I’ve never had smoked salmon! The first time I try it though, I’d like to have it like this! Looks so delish…

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — March 22, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

YES, PA-LEASE!!! Gurrrrl, this looks amazing. I love wild salmon! nom, nom, nom!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — March 22, 2013 @ 6:07 pm

Gah – smoked salmon is my FAVORITE! These look fabulous. :)

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — March 22, 2013 @ 10:40 pm

YES! My most favorite breakfast ever but I had never thought about adding scrambled eggs. What a genius idea! Have a fun in Leavenworth. Drink a beer boot for me.

Mary — March 23, 2013 @ 5:58 am

What a brilliant breakfast!! your pictures are STUNNING!
    Mary x

monica — March 25, 2013 @ 2:11 am

LOVE these….They bring back memories of good food in the PNW!
    Those text messages are the best. I also cherish my hubby’s occasional fun message. And boy to I ever “get it” about his school/study life….I went through med school with Dave and I’m pretty sure that once you go through something like that, you can make it through anything. Hope the weekend was a blast!
    Your photos rock. ALoha!

Nutmeg Nanny — March 25, 2013 @ 2:37 pm

Wow, this is heavenly. Though I am not the biggest fan of seafood, I can still appreciate this beautiful dish.

1. Pingback: Country Cleaver Cottage Caprese and 10 Easter Brunch Ideas » Country Cleaver

2. Pingback: Country Cleaver Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread » Country Cleaver