Friday Faves

Friday, Friday – gotta get down it’s FRIDAY! Everybody’s ready for the weekend, weekend!

Okay, perhaps singing this to you all was slightly misguided but that ear-worm wreck of a song has been stuck in my head all morning and it only deserves to be shared around – or inflicted on others so I’m not the only one shaking and pounding my head so that this gets. out. of. my. head!

In other news. I have a friend in town. You may know her. Table for Two? Ring a bell? Of course it does. She’s in Seattle for what we have dubbed “Fat Pants Weekend” – like Debby Does Dallas, but with food, and no bad 70′s music montages and unsavory activities of any kind… We’re just a couple of girls eating our way through two ridiculous foodie towns. Today roadtrip to Portlandia. *Put a bird on it*.

And we’ll be chronicling our adventures on Insta-Tweets – so be sure to follow all the chaos, I mean gluttony, I mean – fatness this weekend on Instagram.

If this…

Or this,

is any indication of how our weekend started – inject some Victoza in yourself now, cause it’s gonna get all sorts of real up in here.

Speaking of following me on Instagram, if you do already you’ve probably seen the {Product Pimp of the Day} series where I take pictures of the stuff I use, make up, kitchen tools and appliances that I use in my daily life because well – I simply adore them?

Things like this…

NP Set – Available at Target – Killer Eye Primer.

Maybelline EyeStudio Eye Shadow in Copper Chic – also available at Target – I bought this as an emergency “OMG, I left my eyeshadow at home” move, and was blown away at the results. Killer pigments and wear.

And don’t worry – I’m Product Pimping tons of other stuff too. So if you’re looking for cool new crap, make sure to tag along. Or suggest some other stuff I should try.

And if there was anything else I could product pimp it would be THIS.

A roast turkey at Thanksgiving would be the luckiest bird in the world if it meant he got to be cooked in THAT. Just sayin’.

And for one parting gift – let me just say – I love Tom Hanks. Even more now.

Worst night to be drunk EVER.

21 Responses to “Friday Faves”

Kim (Feed Me, Seymour) — October 5, 2012 @ 6:23 am

As if there were ever any reason to doubt Tom Hanks, this would win anyone over! I saw this on Gawker a few weeks ago and just fell in love with him all over!!! As for that eye primer, so glad you posted about it! I’ve been looking for a reasonable one.

I’ve been following your Instagrams… it’s so unfair that we can’t EAT along with you too! It all looks so sinful.

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:56 am

Tom Hanks holds a special place in my heart after that photobomb. That poor kid will never be able to live that down. I’d say that’s a moment you’d never forget – but clearly he was far too gone to be awake for it, let alone remember it!

NanaBread (Jeanne) — October 5, 2012 @ 6:34 am

I love that Tom Hanks photobomb. That kid’s going to kick himself for-EV-er for that one! I’m also completely smitten with that oven. Hello, gorgeous! Love the Instagram updates of your weekend exploits on Twitter. Keep them coming, and you two have a fabulous time together!

Mal @ The Chic Geek — October 5, 2012 @ 6:43 am

I want that mac and cheese and those donuts. yum!

Also, that stove is so incredibly beautiful!

Have a lovely weekend :-)

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:55 am

Mal, come visit! We can mac and cheese it all weekend long!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — October 5, 2012 @ 7:10 am

Those doughnutsssss!! Yes. All hail fat pants weekend. :)

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:55 am

Come have doughnuts with me! Seattle could use a little Tara in it :)

Linda @ My Foodgasm Journal — October 5, 2012 @ 9:15 am

That stove is stunning! Me so want it, lol. Have fun with Julie!

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:55 am

That stove is ridiculously beautiful ten ways ’til Tuesday! It’s on my bucket list for my dream house that I’ll only have if I win the lottery. But hey, a dream is worth something!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — October 5, 2012 @ 12:52 pm

That last pic is incredible lol. Have a great weekend!

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:54 am

I know, right – we’re just gluttons for fat pants. :) It was a great weekend. PS – I saw the video you sent Julie of your wee-tot dancing and I felt my ovaries kick me a little. He’s too hilarious and precious for words!

Anna @ hiddenponies — October 5, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

That stove is gorrrrgeous. You two are going to have a great weekend with a name like fat pants!!

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:53 am

That stove about made me fall over. If I ever win the lottery – that baby is going in my house.

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — October 5, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

Dang, I’ve been looking for some good metallic eye shadows! I’ll have to try that one. I never know which brands to buy, I’ve been disappointed so often in the past. Thanks!

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:53 am

That Maybelleine was such a good find. I’m always so disenchanted with store-brands, but this was a total winner. Especially since it was so much cheaper than the Stila that I usually buy. WIN!! Just make sure to buy the eye primer too. It really helps it set to your lids and makes the colors really shine.

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — October 7, 2012 @ 3:41 pm

I want that pasta and doughnut in my mouth now! You guys must be having so much fun :)

• Megan replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 9:51 am

Thanks Haley :) We had a great time. I hope you find some time off from nursing school and can adventure out here to seattle, I’d love to food-tour around town with you!

Julie @ Table for Two — October 8, 2012 @ 11:11 am

<3333 I'M HAVING MEGAN AND FOOD WITHDRAWALS!!

amy @ fearless homemaker — October 9, 2012 @ 7:10 am

Bahaha, Fat Pants Weekend! It was so fun following along with you + Julie’s adventures via instagram + twitter. =) So glad y’all had a fun, food-filled weekend!

Katie @ The Hill Country Cook — October 10, 2012 @ 11:35 am

MAN I kept reading and reading, I thought FOR SURE you were going to say Tom Hanks was on your honeymoon!!! LOL! I “knew of” his son back home in Sacramento. Cuh-razy. Even saw him from afar, twice. WHOA. I love me some Tom Hanks too. And gorgeous and delicious everything else. Boom.

TJ — October 13, 2012 @ 10:31 am

I love the thought of a “fat pants weekend”. I’ve been to Seattle for the same thing! Now I know what to call it :) I have already informed my husband that when I get my dream kitchen makeover, a place of honor (and proper ventilation) will have to be made for that stove.