1. I’m not the only one who puts chips on my sammiches am I? In 26 years I have yet to determine what the perfect chip for sammiches is, but Sour Cream and Onion still tops my list. Its the crunchy, salty, tangy, do-it-cause-you’re-a-rebel feeling it gives me every time… Rebel. That’s me.
But you know what will make you feel all James Dean inside? Putting your chips on a hot dog. Take that. Top it with some shredded green cabbage and diced onion. You’ll be wearing leather jackets and have killer swirly Dean hair in no time. Rebel.
2. Ben and I have been going through a small marital tete over the most serious of issues – whether or not having pork chops twice in one week is far too much.
Apparently having the desire to limit the pork chop intake to once a week is too rare to my dear husband and labels me a “pork chop hater”. Really? Well, appparentlyyyy (snooty girly attitude voice) he ate pork chops three times a week when he was living back in Colfax. Oooo. Thus turned into a lengthier-than-necessary conversation about how many times we should consume pork chops in a week. I’m fine with once. Give me pork tenderloin, roast, chops, shoulder roasts all day long – there is variety in that. But just chops? I stand firm, once.
3. Wedding photos are rolling in in t-minus four days. Barring all manners of interruption by the trusted postal service.
Dear Mail Carrier, if you lose or mess with my photos I will cut you. Love, Megan.
3a. Exhibit A-F.
Our photographers have been teasing me for two days now with contact pages and then a text with our photo binder. I might have died, come back to life, and then died again.
4. How is Elana all of a sudden “okay” with the whole turn into a vampire thing? I can’t keep up with her. Sure there’s Stefan on the other side, for all eternity and all that jazz – but it cant be this easy… And dang does Nina Dobrev have the best of both worlds, make out with Paul Wesley on the show, but take Ian Sommerhaulder home at the end of the day? That is the very definition of a win/win.
5. But Bates and Anna are still my favorite tv couple. #FREEBATES
6. I already pre-ordered Downton Abbey Season 3 on Amazon. It gets released on DVD/Bluray as soon as it starts airing here in the States on tv. I will in fact be taking a day off work to marathon the heck out of DA as soon as it arrives, with HRM scones. Natch.
Don’t judge me.
7. Oh and dinner tonight – was steak with roasted potatoes. And Ben made extra steamed veggies, because according to the Master – potatoes don’t count as a veggie. Can’t have that now can we?
8. See – no pork chops. I WIN!!
9. Have one of these dressed up dogs for dinner. Beka and I call them Venezuelan Dogs – because Great Aunt Paula had some baseball player on her show, this one time, that said he ate five of these before every game. Of course we had to see what it was all about. Thus beginning the tradition of “Vennie Dogs” in college. And our life long affair with chips on top of various cured meat. Its officially an obsession.
Resistance is futile.
Hot dogs with cabbage, onion, and of course - Potato Chips
8 Hot Dogs, brand of choice
8 Hot Dog Buns
1 bag Potato Chips
2 cups Green Cabbage, shredded
1 cup Onion, diced
Preheat grill. Grill hot dogs until cooked through, evenly.
Shred two cups of green cabbage and dice one cup of onion. Toast buns until golden brown.
Prepare hot dog buns with condiments of choice. Add grilled hot dog into bun. Top with onions, cabbage and then using your hands crunch desired amount of potato chips over the top.
Adapted from Paula Deen's Venezuelan Dogs