Roasted Tomato Brie Dip

Roasted Tomato Brie Dip - A hot and melty dip for entertaining or just because!

Pink is the new black.

Tomatoes are the new artichoke.

This is the new crack.

Not that I condone crack use – but this…THIS is CRACK.

Tell your dealer that you’ve found a new supplier – me. Oh. Wait. I’m not entirely sure I’m okay with the title of supplier. But it does make me feel like the rebel I’m not.

This might take a couple of extra steps to roast tomatoes and then bake the dip – but the smells coming out of your house will waft out of your house in little rainbow form and lure in friends from far away places. It’s the siren song of dips, People!! C’mon!

After last week seeing Jessica’s Blueberry Cheddar dip, I knew it was my prerogative in this life to make dip. It was like a calling of cheesy proportions. I just opted for a savory version instead. And boy was my patience rewarded.

With Ben out for the day enjoying his bachelor party – shooting, going to a baseball game and drinking – I was left to my own devices and this became my dinner. I ate half of this. And I am not ashamed. Okay, maybe a little. But not enough to care.

I just couldn’t stop. Unceremoniously shoving half a baguette into my face hole and more of this dip than I shoudl be comfortable admitting – it was a perfect Saturday night for me! JAG reruns on DVD and a little wine too. What more could a girl ask for? Harm, hello!!

Needless to say – go make this. I command this of you. This is unreasonably delicious. It almost should be illegal. No, it should be. Then you can make it, feel like a rebel, devour it and revel in your badassery. Truthiness.

Also, Come share in the tomato love at the Tomato Love Recipe Exchange, hosted byGimme Some Oven & Bake Your Day, sponsored this week by KitchenAid.  Also visitRecipe for Change to learn more about how to support tomato farmers.

Roasted Tomato Brie Dip

Yield: 2 cups

8 ounches Brie, rind removed and softened
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
5 large tomatoes, halved and deseeded
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Pepper
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/4 cup Basil, chiffonade
Baguette, sliced and toasted

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Lay tomatoes, that have been deseeded and patted dry, sliced side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary, sea salt, ground pepper, and garlic.
Bake for 30 minutes until roasted. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool. Dice when cool enough to handle.
Reduce heat on oven to 350 degrees.
In mixer or large bowl, beat together cream cheese and brie until mixed together. Add in diced roasted tomato and basil. When incorporated together, pour cheese mixture into a oven safe bowl and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes and in that time toast the sliced baguette.
Serve while warm. And don't forget to breathe.

Roasted tomatoes adapted from Ina Garten. Cheese dip inspired by How Sweet Eats Blueberry Cheddar Dip

38 Responses to “Roasted Tomato Brie Dip”

Cassie — July 15, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

This is freaking brilliant Megan. I adore everything about it, and can totally see why it will become the new crack! Thanks for linking up!

Carla @ Carla's Confection — July 15, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

Done! I’ll take it by the ounce… Or packet… Or satchel… How does crack come?!?! Either way, I want it ;) this looks über fantastic!!!

• Megan replied: — July 19th, 2012 @ 7:45 am

I guess its a good thing that we don’t know how crack comes either hahah that might be frightening. But this really is what I imagine crack to be. haha in a much less illegal way haha

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — July 15, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

Oh my god I’m drooling.. If this is crack I need to try it!

Julia {The Roasted Root} — July 15, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

Melty cheese dips are so high up on the addicting list, it’s ridiculous. I could smear this dip on a tortilla and call it a taco, no joke. Love the recipe, fabulous idea!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — July 15, 2012 @ 7:36 pm

I love every single thing about this, Megan. Amazing! Brie is going on the grocery list this week!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — July 15, 2012 @ 8:01 pm

Holy smokes lady! I wondered what you were doing with those roasted tomatoes. I gotta try this!

Purabi Naha — July 16, 2012 @ 1:38 am

This looks just wonderful! I really appreciate the passion with which you put up your recipes!!

Abby — July 16, 2012 @ 5:29 am

Cheese definitely brings out the bad ass in me ;) This looks amazing!

Cookin' Canuck — July 16, 2012 @ 6:34 am

This is the kind of crack I can get behind. I am seriously going to be thinking about this all day long.

Cathy @ Noble Pig — July 16, 2012 @ 6:41 am

I am actually a dip addict and I am my own supplier. It’s a terrible addiction to have and this has left me weak in the knees. I know I won’t be able to stop thinking about it until I make it.

Erin — July 16, 2012 @ 7:45 am

I’ve never seen crack in real life, but if I had to imagine it would look just like this!

sally @ sally's baking addiction — July 16, 2012 @ 8:09 am

Megan, this is such a fabulous recipe! I adore brie with fruit preserves but serving it with roasted tomatoes sounds incredible! I’m saving this one for my next book club. :)

Shut Up & Cook — July 16, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Oh HELL yeah.

This sounds amazing.

You’re talking to the woman who loves nothing better than a naughty crab dip or artichoke dip, so a roasted tomatoe and brie dip is RIGHT up my alley.

Love this!

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray — July 16, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

This looks a-maz-ing. Love me some brie! And with roasted tomatoes?? Baked and gooey?? Sign me up. :)

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — July 16, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

Oh yes PUH-lease! Somebody give me a spoon! Looks great Megan!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 16, 2012 @ 9:31 pm

All I had to see was the word “brie” and I was hooked! This dip looks so good!

Jen — July 16, 2012 @ 10:51 pm

I could eat that whole tray of roasted tomatoes all by it’s little lonesome!

momgateway — July 17, 2012 @ 7:57 am

Gorgeous! I’ve been meaning to try brie and this recipe is the push I need!

Rina@Itheecook — July 17, 2012 @ 1:26 pm

I love Brie!! I usually make it baked with raspberry or apricot jam on top with almonds. I will definitely be making it this way! Thanks for sharing. :)

Kim Bee — July 19, 2012 @ 3:50 pm

Okay my hubby would go hubba hubba for this one. Looks fab!

Kari@Loaves and Dishes — July 22, 2012 @ 8:21 am

Roasted tomatoes are fab, baked Brie is delish. If you put them together is it fabulicious? I’m thinking, yes!

• Megan replied: — July 23rd, 2012 @ 6:50 am

After eating this entire dish to myself in two days, I think it was a total win. It was almost scary how quickly it was devoured. Now, to go to the gym to burn it all off. haha

Kat — July 22, 2012 @ 2:59 pm

What makes me so happy when I read this, is that you are 100% guaranteed to serve a new variety of baked brie that will not even remotely resemble any of the other nonsense we’ve had to suffer through at cocktail parties for the last 10 years.

Praise God.

• Megan replied: — July 23rd, 2012 @ 6:50 am

I live to shake things up. There is only so much artichoke dip one can stomach… Though the old bitties would probably have a coronary at the sight of someone else bringing something new to the table… with a judgmental eye and “we don’t do it That way…” My response, “Old broad, pul-leeze there’s a new girl in town.”

Jess @ Flying on Jess Fuel — July 27, 2012 @ 10:57 am

Oh. My. THIS LOOKS AMAZING!! Just found your blog today through Pinterest and I love it! =)

Krista — August 11, 2012 @ 8:25 pm

I am officily an addict. Best dip ever. It went perfectly with the native tomatoes. It was a geat hit at our wine and cheese party tonight!! Thanks for the recipe!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — October 12, 2012 @ 7:05 am

Aaaaand I just died.

1. Pingback: Dive Into Roasted Tomato Brie Dip | My Family Blog

2. Pingback: 25 Appetizer Recipes {Perfect for Thanksgiving} | A Cedar Spoon | A Cedar Spoon

3. Pingback: Country Cleaver » Ray’s Sweet Potato Casserole

4. Pingback: Last-Minute Party Dips | Bake Your Day

5. Pingback: The Novice Chef » Upscale Party Food for Super Bowl 2013

6. Pingback: Country Cleaver Saturday Stuff » Country Cleaver

7. Pingback: 25 Hot Savory Dip Recipes!

8. Pingback: Country Cleaver 25 Super Bowl Recipes for Your Game Day Feast » Country Cleaver

9. Pingback: 32 Delicious Dip Recipes

10. Pingback: Country Cleaver Smoked Salmon and Caramelized Onion Dip + A Giveaway! » Country Cleaver