Honey Mustard Pretzels

Do you have a beer handy? Good. Now get it out, crack it, pour it and make these pretzels so that you can enjoy another cold one. Just for good measure. These honey mustard pretzels tangy enough to accompany that hoppy beer with perfect zest and zeal yet sweet enough to finish with that wonderful linger on your tongue. Honey and mustard, if ever there was a match made on a bar stool, this would be it.

My dear blogging friend Cassie whipped up an easy pretzel mix last week with Taco Seasoned Pretzels and I was positively inspired to make my own. With her promise of gleek worthy snacks and the easy preparation I was totally in, beer at the ready.

With a half bag of pretzels at my disposal and a Blue Moon Abbey Ale I was itching to go.

Because I used a liquid mixture (mustard) as my main seasoning I reduced the amount of oil needed to coat the pretzels to 1/4 cup and compensated it with the mustard. It all added up to about the same in the end.

For extra zing an addition of 1 heaping teaspoon of powdered mustard was added,

along with a tablespoon and a half (more or less) of honey,

and a another quarter cup of basic yellow mustard.

Into the big ol’ mixing bowl it went, tossed together until it was a heaping bowl of beer lusting yumminess.

The whole kit and kaboodle was baked for an hour at 200 degrees, tossed occasionally and then devoured whilst barely warm.

I was blown away at their ease and simplicity. And now there is no need for midnight runs to the store for honey mustard pretzels when I’m feeling hormonal, PMSy and munchy. Wait. What? I’m the only weirdo who does that? No judging. Just leave me to my beer and pretzels.

Honey Mustard Pretzels

Yield: 4 cups

4 cups Pretzels, any variety
1/4 cup Canola Oil, or Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
1 tsp Mustard Powder
1 1/2 Tbsp Honey

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees. In a rimmed baking sheet, lightly coat with non-stick spray.
In small bowl, whisk together all seasoning ingredients - oil, mustard, mustard powder and honey.
Toss pretzels with whisked seasoning mixture in a large bowl until all evenly coated.
Bake in preheated oven for 60-75 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Serve while warm.

Adapted from Cassie Laemmli (Bake Your Day)'s Taco Seasoned Pretzels

27 Responses to “Honey Mustard Pretzels”

Lauren — April 10, 2012 @ 2:14 am

Umm….totally all over these…

Cassie — April 10, 2012 @ 2:17 am

You are brilliant, my friend. And hilarious. “gleek-worthy snack” I’m loving that. This combo is do great!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — April 10, 2012 @ 2:58 am

Ok, you two have now officially made me crave pretzels and they are like absolutely last on my list of snacks that I crave. although, my boss did send me this holiday basket this year with a mustard raspberry pretzel dip and that pretty much ensures that I’ll eat a bag of them. This is very similar to the ingredients on that dip so I’m pretty sure I would LOVE it!

Laurie {Simply Scratch} — April 10, 2012 @ 3:27 am

I’m with Gina! Between you and Cassie I think I’ll make both kinds and just have to drink more beer. Darrrrrrrrrrrrn.

Lauren @ Climbing Grier Mountain — April 10, 2012 @ 3:27 am

I love mustard and pretzels! Can’t wait to whip up this guy!

P.S. YAY for Salad Week!

Carrie @ Kiss My Whisk — April 10, 2012 @ 4:44 am

Can’t beat pretzels and beer! I’ll be making these soon!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 10, 2012 @ 5:13 am

Pretzels are my absolute favorite snacks. Combine that with beer and I’m in heaven :)

Kathryn — April 10, 2012 @ 8:41 am

Another very dangerous recipe, I’m pretty sure if I have a bowl of these in front of me, I won’t me able to stop nibbling them!

Monica — April 10, 2012 @ 9:57 am

Hey–So excited to be a part of this salad week, I’m just hopping around looking at all of your blogs…And I’m past due to catch up I see! You’ve been up to some GREAT cooken! Time I subscribe! :) (duh.)
    See you round this week! And thanks for the delish pretzel recipe too!
    aloha-

Jen @ Juanita's Cocina — April 10, 2012 @ 11:05 am

Yes please!!!! I buy these all of the time from the store! I cannot even imagine how great they are homemade!

Jen @ Jen's Favorite Cookies — April 10, 2012 @ 1:56 pm

Wow, these look easy and delicious! I love pretzels with spicy mustard. I wonder how this baked version would taste with a really serious spicy mustard? (I tend not to be a fan of French’s yellow. Blech.) Fun snack!

Julie @ Table for Two — April 10, 2012 @ 2:05 pm

have I told you how much I love you? I LOVE honey mustard pretzels!! the fact i can make this at home now is going to destroy my wedding diet…but i still heart you..omgz i might make this tonight xoxox

the wicked noodle — April 10, 2012 @ 2:28 pm

I have made these before!! It was a long time ago but I remember that everyone loved them. Pretzels are such a great snack!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — April 10, 2012 @ 3:32 pm

You and Cassie are killing me with the pretzel ideas. Now I wish I had a bag to go coat in yummy flavors and devour!!

Mal @ The Chic Geek — April 10, 2012 @ 5:29 pm

These look like such a great snack…and like they’re impossible to stop eating :-)

Jackie @ Domestic Fits — April 10, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

Yes, I will have some. With beer, of course.

val — April 11, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

I’m going to take a moment of silence in honor of this amazing snack…..I love that you have that beer in the pic. LOVE.

erica @ fashionmeetsfood — April 11, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

What a fun way to jazz up pretzels. I definitely will give this a try! I am your newest follower. xo

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — April 11, 2012 @ 9:06 pm

Beer is in hand, and ready!

mary — April 11, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

YUM! what a great idea – now I can’t wait to try some – and the beer!
    mary x

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — April 12, 2012 @ 5:31 pm

Love this idea for a salty-sweet nibble! These would be a total hit with my husband and guy friends. Thanks for sharing, Megan!

Kelly — April 12, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

Ohhh these sound amazing!!! I LOVE honey mustard pretzels and I just so happen to have everything on hand already! Pinning this now!! :)

Becky — April 13, 2012 @ 1:06 am

Yummmy! Love honey mustard and pretzels… Please link up to Foodie Friday

Kat — April 13, 2012 @ 1:33 am

These slay me because I won’t be able to enjoy either (pretzels or beer) until Passover ends on Saturday night and ohmigod I am such a sucker for pretzels covered in things. Please tell me that you ate some of these for me.

Laura — April 13, 2012 @ 2:16 am

Yum, I love these pretzels from the store – never dawned on me to try making them at home. They sound so good!

cheap stained glass repair — February 14, 2014 @ 6:07 am

What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable know-how concerning unexpected feelings.

1. Pingback: Ten Glorious Pretzels