Roasted Red with Bacon Parmesan Vinegrette

Yesterday’s Easter dinner was a quiet event with just Ben, my dad, step-mom Nisey and myself. Talk about completely opposite of every other family holiday, ever. To contribute to the family Easter meal I made my now favoritest upon favoritest (Yup, it’s a word. Look it up) roasted baby reds. What makes them my favorite is really the bacon. How can you not completely fall head over heels with any dish that contains bacon? C’mon, you can’t.

The original recipe came from Cuisine “Holiday Menus”, but after realizing that I was out of cider vinegar, I subbed in the balsamic instead. Either way is absolutely wonderful. Promise.

For your ingredients list include:
For the Taters:
~ 2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
~ 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
~ 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, each
For the Vinaigrette:
~ 4 strips thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
~ 1 Tbsp minced garlic
~ 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
~ 1/4 cup Parmesan
~ 1 tsp. black pepper
~ 2 Tbsp Parsley chopped
Preheat your oven to 400 Degrees. Toss the taters in the olive oil and salt and pepper. Line them on a non-stick pan, roasting for 40 minutes.

While the taters are doin’ their thang in the oven, fry up that bacon. But DON’T, I repeat, DON’T get rid of the grease. When you are done with your bacon, and letting it dry on a paper towel, throw the garlic into the left over grease and sautee that puppy up for a minute. Whisk in the balsamic and set it aside until the taters are done in the oven.

Resist the urge to hoover all of the bacon and chop it up into nice sized pieces. Really, just do yourself a favor and fry up a couple of additional pieces of bacon to begin with so you don’t torture yourself. What’s the point of that?

When the taters are all done and roasted, throw ‘em in a big bowl, tossing them with the bacon, parmesan, parsley and the vinaigrette. Serve right away.
Don’t forget a bib for your drool.

8 Responses to “Roasted Red with Bacon Parmesan Vinegrette”

Kay Heritage — April 25, 2011 @ 11:48 pm

You say "bacon" and I am right here! Looks fantastic, Megan!

Haley @ The Girly Girl Cooks — April 26, 2011 @ 12:06 am

Pretty much anything with bacon and parmesan is fantastic! Bookmarked!

Muriel Miller — April 26, 2011 @ 1:44 am

K these sound so good right now! I love that you use balamic on them I can just imagine how good these things are!

Kristi — April 26, 2011 @ 6:33 am

Yum. I love anything with bacon!

jennaseverythingblog — April 26, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

Haha! I totally make a little extra bacon so that I can snack on it, just like you said. =) Those taters look awesome.

Lark (SparkyLarky) — April 26, 2011 @ 9:39 pm

I am your NEWEST FOLLOWER! WAHOO! :)

I am also doing Frosting for the Cause! I dont post until August.

And I am involved in Bloggers Bake for Hope.
    *I am currently trying to raise the required ($2300.00)to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure again this year.

Oh I wanted to invite you to join in on
    "Made it on Monday"..a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK PARTY I host on my blog.

Holly — April 27, 2011 @ 2:12 am

Mmmmm Bacon!! With my new 'health' kick, I've been having turkey bacon every morning. I'm obsessed with it! lol It's just so dang good!!

comfortablydomestic.com — April 28, 2011 @ 12:52 am

Those potatoes look formidable! No need for a main course, just give me the potatoes. BTW–I always make a few extra slices of bacon to munch on! It's just good policy.